Dr. Jody Corey-Bloom MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 19th, 2016
She is condescending and does not listen

October 8th, 2013
Retire!!!!
She needs to retire! It is impossible to set up an appointment. 2 month waiting. You could be dying and they can't fit you in. She has lost all compassion and practically laughed at my ailments. All she wanted was to push drugs and no other solution. She left the room only to never come back. COWARD. Go to the Chargers game with your grandson. That was all you spoke about in my appointment. Hope they win for you and your 8 year old grandson. Thanx for your understanding and compassion. You need to retire. You lost all the objectivity and that you had when you were younger.

July 12th, 2013
from east coast highly recommended by my top docs!
so far everything has been handled with great professionalism. I noticed the other reviews seemed like double and may have been fake.

August 3rd, 2012
Corey-Bloom FAILS!
For 12 of the last 15 years, I complained to Dr Corey-Bloom of episodes that I would zone out, and not until my new doctor (not at UCSD) ordered an EEG revealing these episodes are seizures was something done to address the problem. In addition to MS, seizures are in Dr. Corey-Bloom realm of care. She never took into account that the MS drug (Avonex & Rebif) she prescribed could cause seizures. She should have listened, paid attention, dug deeper, and done something! I am furious! Who else is she not listening too? Who else is walking around untreated. Someone like Corey-Bloom should not be a Doctor in a teaching hospital, or possibly shouldn't be a doctor at all??? Do yourself a favor, find a doctor other than Corey-Bloom.

July 31st, 2012
After seeing Dr. Corey-Bloom for 3 years, I have chosen to see a new neurologist for my care. It is evident that Dr. Corey-Bloom lacks proper bedside manners and clearly prefers seeing numbers over providing quality care. Her dismissal of proper care and listening to her patients, is unfortunately at her patients expense.Although known to be a "reputable Neurologist in San Diego", I would not recommend seeing Dr. Corey-Bloom if you are concerned about your health and want to get better. She unfortunately does not do an accurate review of your health, consider/listen to your symptoms, and will miss key important milestones in your care. I believe that Dr. Corey-Bloom does not truly care about who she is treating but how she will still keep her title and maintain her status as "an expert on Neurological conditions like MS". The last few times I have been seen in her office, she had dismissed my health complaints, and challenged my interpretation of how I was experiencing them. Not in a way for clarification, but as if it is impossible and I am making it up. This is discerning for that as a long-term patient, you want to create a partnership in your health; not be bullied, and challenged in your attempts to express your health concerns. Every time I noted to her how I felt, she would disregard my experience and choose to only consider what she thinks is supposed to happen. I am truly upset, and concerned for her other patients. I hope that others will be brave to seek other Neurologists. Dr. Corey-Bloom evaluations are based on closed thoughts, narrow review of your health, and no initiative. I was scared to leave Dr. Corey-Bloom, because you are made to believe that she is the best and the only in San Diego that specializes. You feel that others are not up-to-date, or as reputable since she is asked to make several talks for Copaxone. That is completely incorrect. Dr. Corey-Bloom will keep you unhealthy and treat you without respect of your health. I am not a heated individual, just unfortunately feel like my health was jeopardized by somebody who should clearly resign and be honest with herself and to her patients that she cannot handle her patient load.

August 12th, 2011
did not review history prior to seeing me, did not look at history during visit, did not compare mri's. she was curt, to the point, uncaring and unprofessional to say the least. i called for results and she was whispering the answers to her assistant on speaker phone instead of telling me herself! unprofessional woman!

July 2nd, 2011
Don't hesitate - if you need help, go see her!
I had a complex set of puzzling symptons with multiple hospitalizations which prompted my former neurologist to give up the case as "too difficult". Dr. Corey-Bloom was enthusiastic, energic, and effective. I would recommend her without hesitation.