Dr. Jody Cousins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 4 reviews

October 15th, 2014
Fantastic doctor!
I think she's a great doctor. She listens. She questions. She seems interested and knowledgeable. She has a WONDERFUL bedside manner and personality. I feel fortunate to have her as my doctor.

May 12th, 2014
I can't wait to switch providers
She comes off as nice but she doesn't listen. I believe her to be very incompetent and having horrible bedside manner. I was sick and I could just tell she thought I was full of it. She misdiagnosed me and completely written me off and it seemed as though she was trying to have me discharged too quickly. My condition turned out to be worse than what she told me I had. I knew there was something off about her when she's giving me this blank state in space look EVERYTIME I speak. I do not want her delivering my baby because if her behavior now is any indication of what my treatment will be like when I have my baby it is unacceptable. If she can't listen to me now about my treatment for myself than she certainly won't listen to me about my questions about my baby. Seriously, I wish when I was telling her about my symptoms she could've just told me she didn't what in the world was going on with me. I would've respected that more and asked her to take her time to find out instead of pulling a diagnosis out of her behind. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone at all. Ever.

January 21st, 2013
Delivered my son
Dr. Cousins delivered my son and did a great job. I was very worried about this pregnancy being that it was my first, but she kept me informed and always had good words of advice. If and when I have a second child, I will definitely be going back to see her.

September 13th, 2012
Poor quality health care
Dr. Cousins rarely listens to what is stated to her during an appointment.Cousins has a predetermined opinion of what she wants to treat. Cousins is unprofessional. She spends 5 minutes with you, and tell you she doesn't have enough time to listen to your reason for going to see her, and then tells you to make another appointment, even though you are sick NOW! She cancels appointments and reschedules frequently... even when you are extremely ill. She readily prescribes drugs with extremely dire side-effects when a patient's health issues are contra-indicative.If you complain about any of the above, Cousins gets angry. Cousins seems to have a real issue with treating sick people.If you request diagnostic tests, Cousin's office frequently does not follow-up and report test results to patient.If you request diagnostic tests, frequently these tests are not actually scheduled. You have to call and make sure the staff has authorization from Cousins to schedule. This can occur 1-2 weeks later when you get no response.