Dr. Jody Levy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 20th, 2016
I have been going to Dr. Levy for over 10 years. The best Dr. I have ever had. She spends extra time with you to explain everything and if there is a need for another opinion or an expert in a particular field of Medicine, she will recommend that individual. After a blood test, she will call me with the results as soon as she gets them even if she has to call me on the weekend. She will explain the exactly what they mean. I love Dr. Levy

July 1st, 2014
Wouldn't change her for any other Dr!
She has been our family Dr for 15 years. I am as happy as can be with Dr. Levy. She has never made us feel rushed during our appointments. She takes her time listening to our concerns and deciding what the next steps should be. Sure, you might wait a while before you are seen but, she will take her time with you just like she did with the patients prior to you. I appreciate that about her. If you would rather not wait and be seen quickly and not thoroughly, then go see a different Dr. She is a diamond in the rough!

December 5th, 2011
Dr Levy has always taken as much time as needed at every appt. to address all my needs. She never seems to overbook her day so she can give quality attention to me each time. She is very knowledgeable. But she doesn't hesitate to refer me to a specialist if need be. She is a gem of a physician who cares about giving quality healthcare. And this is hard in this day with no help from the insurance companies. I would recommend her to anyone.

May 23rd, 2011
WONDERFUL!!
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Levy for about 10 years now and to say we absolutely LOVE her would be an understatement! She is the most caring considerate and kind hearted doctor I have ever been to and I was really surprised by another comment that said she referred them to the internet, that is so NOT Dr Levy's style, in fact she always chastises me for getting my info from the net! /in my experience she is not so quick to prescribe medication, she likes to get all the info she can. As for a caring bedside manner she even checked in with us on a Sunday to see how my husband was feeling after a recent illness. Overall a GREAT doctor and her office nurse Heather is wonderful too :)

February 28th, 2011
While looking for a physcians office who was taking new patients and would take my insurance, I stumbled onto Dr. Jody Levy. This was probably the worst mistake of my life. I had been rather healthy before seeing Dr. Levy and during the 3 years I have been going to her have been misdianosed on a number of occassions. She is very quick to perscribe unneccesary drugs and her manner is anything but compassionate. The wait in the office is between 1 to 2 hours with no patients waiting in the waiting room or in the exam rooms. But the wait isn't the worst part! Dr. Levy told me that I had a number of diseases, referred me to numerous doctors and caused endless worry only to find out from the specialists that everything was ok. The worst diagnosis she gave however, was telling me that I had a chronic illness and then referring me to the internet for treatment! For six months I lived with this while waiting to change doctors with my insurance company. Upon going to a new doctor and taking the test results with me that Dr. Levy had ordered and supposedly read, I learned that I did not have this disease! What a relief, but I cannot get back the 6 months of my life that were spent in worry. I feel cheated and uncared for. Her flippant way of discussing things with her patients is very unprofessional as well. If you value your health and your wellbeing, please, please stay clear of this doctor. She will take your insurance payment and run and you will be worse off than you were before you walked in the door. This is one doctor that I feel should not be licensed to practice medicine!

September 16th, 2010
My Favorite Doctor
Dr. Levy runs a small practice and she has always been able to fit me in last minute. I could really go on and on about how wonderful she and her staff are but please just trust me-this Dr. is thorough, efficient and cares about her patients. See for yourself!

November 5th, 2009
wrong diagnosis
she told me I had cancer and scared me to death when I had a benign growth