A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jody Underwood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Underwood
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Underwood Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jody Underwood, MD is board certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Underwood graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Underwood has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Rhode Island Hospital
- The Miriam Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jody A Underwood MD is a female Internist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Jody A. Underwood practice?
- Dr. Jody Underwood has 1 office location.
Dr. Jody Underwood practices Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, and Psychosomatic Medicine near Providence, RI.
See Providence Internists and Providence Psychiatrists.