Dr. Joe Arterberry MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Louisville, KY

• Good
  • Bad

Knowledgeable
Very thorough and informative. Kind and respectfull.

December 1st, 2015
I had a problem and he fixed it. I also had a serious problem that was not in his field and yet he picked up on it and told me what he thought and I should seek out a specialist that dealt with my medical problem. At first I did not know how to take his advice or if he knew what he was talking about so I was going to ignore his advice. He called my office to see if I followed up on the other medical problem. I had not. This Doctor just may have saved my life. After his call I did follow up and he was 100% correct.

February 25th, 2015
Check out before using any doctor/surgeon!
I went to Dr. Arterberry because a friend of mine had a good experience with him AT FIRST but after his surgery his eye got an abcess, which Arterberry told him to soak using warm compresses at least four or more times a day and squeeze the infection out of the abcess. It's now been ten weeks later and he hasn't lanced the infection but keeps my friend coming back, telling him to bring a driver just in case he lances the eye and put a patch on it which wouldn't permit him to drive safely. I also found out that the doctor did one eye but my friend looked up and the nurse/assistant was stitching up the other eye which is the one that's infected. I went to him before all of this occurred and he told me he would do my eyes in the manner I wanted, which was a simple incision on the lids that he used to tighten the lids so they would no longer droop but during my second meeting with him he changed his tune and told me he needed to do a brow lift that meant he was going to cut into my scalp and pull the skin up off my upper face and move it to tighten it. This would leave me having both a numb forehead for up to a year or forwever plus I would have a scar that WOULD SHOW since I wear my hair VERY SHORT! So that surgery which is basically a facelift was something I had planned to NEVER DO! And having him do that rather than the surgery my friend had, which was very simple, was a NO GO! I practically ran out of the office even though we still had another visit to discuss the type of surgery with him again, but it was a day when we had a very deep snow storm and they called to tell us not to come in since they were closing the office early. I decided with the convincing of my husband, a very fine Oncology RN who often does wound care to NOT GO back again. My friend will see Arterberry on next Monday and if he doesn't lance the absess then he's going to do as I suggested and take him before the Medical Society or have another surgeon take a look at his eye.

January 7th, 2014
A Doctor with a heart
Dr. Arterberry is a Dr. with a heart. He heard what said, and responded in a caring way. He saw what needed to be done and did it, even though it was not an easy decision for him or us. He did an eviseration on my childs left eye.

February 28th, 2012
Fine physician and surgeon
Dr. Arterberry has a pragmatic, no nonsense yet compassionate physician and perfectionist in performing the most delicate of surgeries

November 30th, 2011
The best
Dr. Arterberry performed DCR (surgery to reconstruct blocked tear duct) several years ago. Did a fine job with very, very minimal scarring on my face.

October 24th, 2008
Excellent physician and surgeon
He explained everything to me, and did a beautiful job. I resisted this surgery for 13 years. I cannot praise this man enough. He is a gifted and knowledgeable surgeon.

February 8th, 2017