A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joe Askar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joe Askar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joe Askar, MD is board certified in Surgery.
Education & Awards
Dr. Askar graduated from Universite Saint-Joseph, Beirut. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Askar has 11 hospital affiliations:
- TLC Health Network - Tri-County Memorial Hospital
- Westfield Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Askar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 26 plans
- Independent Health - 34 plans
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 7 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joe I. Askar practice?
Dr. Joe Askar practices Surgery near Dunkirk, NY.
See Dunkirk Surgeons.