A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joe Bates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Bates
Severe Persistent Asthma Patient Education Our severe persistent asthma patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for relief of asthma symptoms.Before Visiting Dr. Bates Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joe Bates, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Bates graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Bates has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Rusk State Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joe Boyd Bates MD is a male Pediatrician, has 46 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Joe B. Bates practice?
- Dr. Joe Bates has 2 office locations.
Dr. Joe Bates practices Pediatrics and Psychiatry near Tyler, TX.
See Tyler Pediatricians and Tyler Psychiatrists.