Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 5th, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Browder for about 15 years. Of course not everything has been perfect. But for the most part, I can say, Dr. Browder has made my quality of life better. I have had eight spinal surgeries, five fusions, including having the SI joint fused. I just went through the spinal cord stimulator trial. Br. Browder and his staff made the experience much better by their caring attitude, knowledge, and experience, at doing their jobs. I know that God has a hand in all things, and I give Him thanks for the guidance and knowledge He has given Dr. Browder in helping the patients that come to him. May God continue to bless you for the care you give to others. A Big thanks to you and your staff.

Feb 1st, 2016

The practice wants to make so many appointments I could not afford to keep going. They want make you see every someone in the office at least 3x a month

by George Province on Nov 25th, 2015

Before going to Dr Browder for my back issue I was in agony and could not get comfortable in hardly any position other than laying flat. When I went in to the office I had to get up on the table and lay down in order to wait on my appointment in his office. Now after my treatment and medication I have been receiving I am able to carry on a lot better quality life. I am not completely comfortable all the time but it is a lot better than what it was before coming to Dr. Browder.

by T Phillips on Nov 2nd, 2015

Dr Browder is awesome. Every time I have seen him he spends all the time that I as a patient need. He explains everything in detail to me. He is there to help people get better not to just hand out medication. A doctor

Rating show details Rating
by Helen M. Baker on Oct 2nd, 2015

Always very clear on what is being done, and staff is very clear on what side effects there might be and how long it might take for injection to take effect. Since I get withour sedation, he explains what he is doing while he is doing it.

Jul 21st, 2015

Dr. Browder provided me with more than adequate care and time. I feel much better, knowing that he and the support staff (especially the physical therapy staff members) are helping me get back to normal.

by Terri Russell on Jun 6th, 2015

My experience with Dr. Browder has never been nonthing but great. He takes time to listen to my concerns and is patient with me. He has been a great help in relieving my pain so I can be more active. His staff is wonderful in making the visit more at ease by smiling whenever I have an office visit.

Better show details Better
Apr 28th, 2015

I lived out of state and had been seeing a pain specialist for about 4 years. I moved to this area a year ago and have been seeing Dr. Browder since. At first I thought some of the requirements were a little much but I soon learned why. TN has a huge drug problem and since I am not trying to get drugs I really don't need, I didn't mind the extra steps. I've had a couple of procedures with Dr. Browder and although they were the same procedures I had with my former doctor, I am having much better results with Dr. Browder. I still take daily meds but I've been able to cut back on those as well. Of course I wish I didn't have to take anything but overall I am in a much better situation than I was before I came to PCET. When I first started seeing Dr. Browder I was a little bothered that I saw nurse practitioners each visit instead of him but after my 1st procedure realized why that is. He carries a pretty good load of weekly procedures and if everyone insisted on seeing him for regular appointments, he wouldn't have time for to do the procedures. Because of the procedures I've had, I am able to do things that I haven't been able to do in over 4 years and for that I am incredibly grateful. If I insist on seeing Dr. Browder I can always make an appointment specifically with him. I'm pretty tough on ratings but still give my overall experience Dr. Browder and PCET a 4.

Mar 1st, 2015

everyone in office from support staff to Dr. Browder is friendly and professional. The only drawback is I never see Dr. Browder. They are totally upfront to the fact that after first appointment you only see the PA, but I would like to see him at least once a month.

Feb 4th, 2015

I have been treated by Dr. Browder and his staff. I had a sacroiliac injection at PCET Surgery Center. I was very pleased with my care by both Dr. Browder and the surgery center staff. I will definitely return when the need arises.

Worst doctor in the state of Tennessee show details Worst doctor in the state of Tennessee
Jan 27th, 2015

It is unbelievable how rude and uncaring Dr. Browder is. Seeing a doctor specializing in pain, you would expect to see signs of compassion for the patients. WRONG. I felt like I was just another 'paper work' and felt mistreated as a patient. Barely asked me any questions about my pain before telling me to come in next month. NEVER again. Do NOT seek consultation here.

Feb 18th, 2014

i went here for over 8yrs. he was very nice but his PAs are not, i got kicked out because i had a hysterectomy and got permission to fill a script for something extra afterward but failed to get an okay for the refill, when i started there they wanted everyone on oxycontin and all i wanted was hydrocodone, i was told i was in the wrong practice, by the time i left they werent giving it to anyone, i wonder if all those people they got on it got free addiction services!!!!!

One day at a time show details One day at a time
Dec 10th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Browder for close to 2 years. While I don't have much to compare against I would recommend him to family & friends. I felt completely helpless & at the end of my rope until I met him. I'm not saying I still don't struggle on a daily basis but I trust his judgement completely & don't know where I'd be without his expertise. Dealing with chronic pain is a very hard thing & it takes trial & error to get it right, but I'm glad I have him in my corner & will rely on his knowledge & expertise to help guide me thru. Comtiplating surgery & am thankful I know he's got my back.

LOUSY PAIN CLINIC show details LOUSY PAIN CLINIC
Oct 9th, 2013

SURGERY CENTER WAS GREAT FOR 4 PROCEDURES i HAD. OFFICE STAFF VERY UNCARING, RUDE :( PATIENTS HAVE NOT RIGHT TO OPINION, THEY PUSH THE PROCEDURES AND U R TOLD IF U DON'T HAVE THEM THEY WILL DISCHARGE U FOR UNCOMPLAINCE & NO OTHER PAIN CLINIC WILL SEE U. NO INTEREST IN CONTROLLING PAIN. PAIN LEVEL UP TO 8 FROM 4 ON PREVIOUS VISIT & THEY DID NOTHING EXCEPT TELL ME THEY WOULD SEE ME AGAIN IN 5 WEEKS.I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CLINIC. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. NOW AT NEW PAIN CLINIC AND DOING BETTER.

Dr. Browder show details Dr. Browder
Feb 4th, 2013

I have been a patient over three years. They are fine as long as you don't ask for stronger meds to keep you going. They showed no concern to diagnose the real problem. I have had my primary care doctor order more MRI's, nerve conductivity study, send me to nuerosurgeon, referred to orthopeadic, MRI's on hip, physical therapy, and noone seems to be able to identify cause of my pain. I am self employed with $5000 deductible insurance. I have spent a small fortune trying to find the source of my pain. Dr. Browder hands you off to nurse practitioners and just collects the money every month. One practioner is extremely rude. I asked not to see her again and they dropped me immediately. I was actually scheduled to consult for an SI injection and they called and cancelled, not wanting to take care of me anymore. I have wasted over three years and no closer to a diagnosis. Don't waste your time here, life is to short to live in agony!

Lousy, lousy, lousy!! show details Lousy, lousy, lousy!!
Aug 12th, 2011

I went to this office HOPING that someone there would understand pain. But I was told that, because I didn't have cancer or multiple botched surgeries, that I didn't need their help. That I wasn't 'that bad'. Yeah... why don't they sit up with me at night when I'm crying in pain and can't get any sleep!! Instead, I was told to make 'lifestyle changes'. That I needed to lose weight and exercise... that the endorphins that are released from exercising will make me feel better. "HELLO!!!! I can barely walk!!!!" Needless to say, it was a WASTED visit. I didn't go there on a pain prescription trip... I went there hoping they would work with me. They didn't even get all my records before deciding not to help me. I even told my doctor about one of my problems... and he had never even heard about it! Yet his Medical Assistant did, and we spoke about it in great length. Hmmm... the DOCTOR was unfamiliar with a pain condition? Makes you wonder...

Dr.Choo and Dr.Browder joint buisness show details Dr.Choo and Dr.Browder joint buisness
Mar 21st, 2011

Staff rude, uncaring, condescending very hard to work, will not call patients back, EXTREMELY disappointed in the unprofessionalism

by Thomas F.Martin & Johanna K.Martin on Feb 21st, 2011

My husband and I are both patients of Dr.Browder he takes his time when explain his findings and shows the patients where your problems are in the spine with plastic models so it is easy to understand which I love. Then go's over options to help each patient understand what procedures may be helpful in getting you pain relief. My husband and I have different problems so our treatments are different. he will take his time and answer any questions you have I would highly recommend him to family and friends.dr.browder and his office staff are there to serve all your medical needs

Very unimpressed show details Very unimpressed
Oct 12th, 2010

condescending, narcissistic, talks more about himself than trying to help patient, overbearing

Doctor's Response

As a way to let my patients know that I personally understand their pain and its effect on their life, I do tell them that I have a 4 level spinal fusion with 10 screws and 2 rods along with 2 total knee replacements. If saying "no" to patients that I cannot find an objective reason for their pain is overbearing, then maybe I am. I have testified for the Tennessee Medical Association multiple times concerning "pill mill" and injection laws in front of our state representatives and senators.

Great bedside manner... show details Great bedside manner...
Sep 28th, 2009

Dr. Browder and his staff took great care of me. When I came to his office I could hardly walk with the pain I had. Pain went from my back to my leg. He did three injections and I am doing great. Thank you Dr. Browder, if you see this.

Dr. Browder does not know what he is doing! show details Dr. Browder does not know what he is doing!
by Very hurt, needed real caring doctor w/ medical knowledge, got fake doctor. on Sep 4th, 2009

I have MRI's & X-Rays showing what is wrong w/me & doctor Browder said that he could not help me b/c he doesn't know what is wrong with me. Common sense read the file, read the reports showing what is wrong w/me. That is said, these junkies where all sitting in his office but yet someone who actually needs help can't get it from him. I would say stay clear of this doctor b/c he is clueless on what he is doing, if he can't read then he doesn't need to be a doctor. He is just feeding the junkies pill after pill. Even admitted to messing up my injections he done when I went back to his office.

Doctor's Response

Sadly, many patients come to me after being treated for years without an adequate diagnosis. Most people have degenerative spine disease. It is not usually painful. I believe that these patients suffer, but without objective evidence of the cause of the pain, narcotics should not be used. My practice has two psychologists who rate patients for their risk of having problems with pills. The "junkies" know not to even come to my office. Many of the procedures performed are diagnostic to find the cause of pain. I have performed tens of thousands of spinal injections without a significant problem.