Anesthesiologist, Neurologist, Physiatrist
1128 E Weisgarber Rd
Ste 100
Knoxville, TN 37909
865-579-0552
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 18th, 2014

i went here for over 8yrs. he was very nice but his PAs are not, i got kicked out because i had a hysterectomy and got permission to fill a script for something extra afterward but failed to get an okay for the refill, when i started there they wanted everyone on oxycontin and all i wanted was hydrocodone, i was told i was in the wrong practice, by the time i left they werent giving it to anyone, i wonder if all those people they got on it got free addiction services!!!!!

|  Don't be fooled by his braggadocio and officious, paternalistic manner.  |  show details
by fed up & wish I could rate 0 (zero) stars on Dec 22nd, 2013

This practice IS a pill mill and is well known as such. Junkies who can appear to follow his rules know they can get exactly what they want if they just play his game. He sees you once, from then on he doesnot want to hear from you. After the initial interview (wherin he interviews you - when it should be at least a 2 way experience) you come in, fill out a brief questionaire, see a nurse (rarely a N.P.) who hands you a prepared scrip; make your next appointment and, in less than four hours (ridiculous wait for this factory type practice) you are on your way to your favorite pharmacy. What you report on the form gets no attention, no response. He tells you right up front that he doesn't want to know about any health issues other than the pain you are seeing him for - then, when treatment for hypertension affects your pain his office will cancel your appointment and tell you to get lost - with no hearing and no appeal. Clerical documents in his medical record (for me) have blatant errors - wrong name, address or town - yet when mailed documents were not received by me it is somehow my fault and - you guessed it - I was found to be non-compliant! (These errors were clerical errors - not errors I made!) Overall lack of care, courtesy and competence found throughout this practice. For examples of his ego, you need look no further than his reponces and lack of responses posted in this forum.

|  One day at a time  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Browder for close to 2 years. While I don't have much to compare against I would recommend him to family & friends. I felt completely helpless & at the end of my rope until I met him. I'm not saying I still don't struggle on a daily basis but I trust his judgement completely & don't know where I'd be without his expertise. Dealing with chronic pain is a very hard thing & it takes trial & error to get it right, but I'm glad I have him in my corner & will rely on his knowledge & expertise to help guide me thru. Comtiplating surgery & am thankful I know he's got my back.

|  LOUSY PAIN CLINIC  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2013

SURGERY CENTER WAS GREAT FOR 4 PROCEDURES i HAD. OFFICE STAFF VERY UNCARING, RUDE :( PATIENTS HAVE NOT RIGHT TO OPINION, THEY PUSH THE PROCEDURES AND U R TOLD IF U DON'T HAVE THEM THEY WILL DISCHARGE U FOR UNCOMPLAINCE & NO OTHER PAIN CLINIC WILL SEE U. NO INTEREST IN CONTROLLING PAIN. PAIN LEVEL UP TO 8 FROM 4 ON PREVIOUS VISIT & THEY DID NOTHING EXCEPT TELL ME THEY WOULD SEE ME AGAIN IN 5 WEEKS.I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CLINIC. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. NOW AT NEW PAIN CLINIC AND DOING BETTER.

|  Dr. Browder  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2013

I have been a patient over three years. They are fine as long as you don't ask for stronger meds to keep you going. They showed no concern to diagnose the real problem. I have had my primary care doctor order more MRI's, nerve conductivity study, send me to nuerosurgeon, referred to orthopeadic, MRI's on hip, physical therapy, and noone seems to be able to identify cause of my pain. I am self employed with $5000 deductible insurance. I have spent a small fortune trying to find the source of my pain. Dr. Browder hands you off to nurse practitioners and just collects the money every month. One practioner is extremely rude. I asked not to see her again and they dropped me immediately. I was actually scheduled to consult for an SI injection and they called and cancelled, not wanting to take care of me anymore. I have wasted over three years and no closer to a diagnosis. Don't waste your time here, life is to short to live in agony!

|  Lousy, lousy, lousy!!  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

I went to this office HOPING that someone there would understand pain. But I was told that, because I didn't have cancer or multiple botched surgeries, that I didn't need their help. That I wasn't 'that bad'. Yeah... why don't they sit up with me at night when I'm crying in pain and can't get any sleep!! Instead, I was told to make 'lifestyle changes'. That I needed to lose weight and exercise... that the endorphins that are released from exercising will make me feel better. "HELLO!!!! I can barely walk!!!!" Needless to say, it was a WASTED visit. I didn't go there on a pain prescription trip... I went there hoping they would work with me. They didn't even get all my records before deciding not to help me. I even told my doctor about one of my problems... and he had never even heard about it! Yet his Medical Assistant did, and we spoke about it in great length. Hmmm... the DOCTOR was unfamiliar with a pain condition? Makes you wonder...

|  Dr.Choo and Dr.Browder joint buisness  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2011

Staff rude, uncaring, condescending very hard to work, will not call patients back, EXTREMELY disappointed in the unprofessionalism

by Thomas F.Martin & Johanna K.Martin on Feb 21st, 2011

My husband and I are both patients of Dr.Browder he takes his time when explain his findings and shows the patients where your problems are in the spine with plastic models so it is easy to understand which I love. Then go's over options to help each patient understand what procedures may be helpful in getting you pain relief. My husband and I have different problems so our treatments are different. he will take his time and answer any questions you have I would highly recommend him to family and friends.dr.browder and his office staff are there to serve all your medical needs

|  Very unimpressed  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

condescending, narcissistic, talks more about himself than trying to help patient, overbearing

Doctor's Response

As a way to let my patients know that I personally understand their pain and its effect on their life, I do tell them that I have a 4 level spinal fusion with 10 screws and 2 rods along with 2 total knee replacements. If saying "no" to patients that I cannot find an objective reason for their pain is overbearing, then maybe I am. I have testified for the Tennessee Medical Association multiple times concerning "pill mill" and injection laws in front of our state representatives and senators.

Apr 19th, 2010

dr browder uses ins companies to fatten his pocket with no car for patients

|  Great bedside manner...  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2009

Dr. Browder and his staff took great care of me. When I came to his office I could hardly walk with the pain I had. Pain went from my back to my leg. He did three injections and I am doing great. Thank you Dr. Browder, if you see this.

|  Dr. Browder does not know what he is doing!  |  show details
by Very hurt, needed real caring doctor w/ medical knowledge, got fake doctor. on Sep 4th, 2009

I have MRI's & X-Rays showing what is wrong w/me & doctor Browder said that he could not help me b/c he doesn't know what is wrong with me. Common sense read the file, read the reports showing what is wrong w/me. That is said, these junkies where all sitting in his office but yet someone who actually needs help can't get it from him. I would say stay clear of this doctor b/c he is clueless on what he is doing, if he can't read then he doesn't need to be a doctor. He is just feeding the junkies pill after pill. Even admitted to messing up my injections he done when I went back to his office.

Doctor's Response

Sadly, many patients come to me after being treated for years without an adequate diagnosis. Most people have degenerative spine disease. It is not usually painful. I believe that these patients suffer, but without objective evidence of the cause of the pain, narcotics should not be used. My practice has two psychologists who rate patients for their risk of having problems with pills. The "junkies" know not to even come to my office. Many of the procedures performed are diagnostic to find the cause of pain. I have performed tens of thousands of spinal injections without a significant problem.