Joe Cates Is this you?

Have you seen Joe Cates?

Posted on March 19th, 2017

Dr Cates is an excelent Dr. He understands and cares for his patients. He is well informed and makes sure you understand everything.

Posted on February 21st, 2017

I would highly recommend Dr. Cates. He and his nurses and staff are kind, caring and knowledgeable.

Posted on January 25th, 2016

Thank you for your caring attitude and helpfulness.

Dr. Cates

Posted on December 17th, 2015

Dr. Cates listens and explains diagnoses clearly and simply. There was a mix-up at the hospital about a needed test and he cleared it up quickly on the phone. I really appreciated that as we were only in town for a few days and a delay would have caused us great difficulty. Finding qualified and caring medical practitioners is certainly needed today.

Posted on November 20th, 2015

I want to say, that I have never felt so welcomed at a doctors office before. From the time I made my appointment, walked through the doors and walked out the doors, to leave. Everyone was so nice. I felt incredibly warm from the atmosphere and the staff. Dr. Cates, himself, was exceptionally caring, understanding and attentive, as well as concerned with my questions. I am so looking forward to working with this team, with upcoming surgery. I have already been sharing with people, about my experience. I will definitely be referring Dr. Cates and I'm now at ease, in regards to my upcoming surgery.

The Best Surgeon in the Midwest

Posted on February 10th, 2011

Dr. Cates has been my husband's doctor for the last ten years. He also performed surgery on my brother and cousin. He doesn't mention that he was also the surgeon that performed surgery on Trent Green the KC Chiefs former quarterback.My husband was 50 when Dr Cates did a double femoral bypass operation on him. He was the youngest man Dr. Cates had done this procedure on. He was very kind and compassionate towards us. My husband had been through six procedures with stents and was very frustrated when he first met Dr. Cates. He did not want anymore operations since all of the previous ones did not help him. Dr. Cates sat down with us and explained everything he was going to do. My daughter who is a nurse at KU Med was with us in his office too. He didn't mind at all. He welcomed our family and treated us with kindness and understanding. The best thing about Dr. Cates is that he is fascinated by surgery and lives and breathes finding out all of the latest information. He is very well respected in the community and almost everyone I meet has heard of him and his excellent reputation. I have a colon problem and was told I needed to have an operation to correct it. My daughter did not want me to have the surgery. Luckily the surgery can wait for awhile and I found out that Dr. Cates also does surgery on the colon. I asked him if he would be willing to help me and he said it would be an honor. Now tell me have you ever heard of a surgeon that said it would be an honor to operate on you? He has done several more surgeries on my husband since his PAD is advanced and he will continue to have blockage. It is a good feeling when you know your husband is in good hands when he is having surgery and that the surgeon knows what he is doing. If you can't tell I just can't say enough about this unique doctor. You can consider yourself lucky if he is your surgeon. I would let him operate on my children and/or grandchildren any day. Hopefully that won't be needed.

EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE

Posted on February 9th, 2010

This physicians office personell are theonly ones I have ever had who followed up with me to see to it I followed hisinstructions. He is extremely easy for me to ask any questions I need answerstoo and I feel he hears the question andanswer in a language I understand.I feelextremely confident in his knowledge andability, he even took the time to do a proceedure himself that could have beendone by a radiologist who does exams thatinclude test within the veins etc.

Posted on September 26th, 2017