2.8

July 23rd, 2013
Quack
Joe Kim (notice I left out Dr.) He is not "honestly concerned about relieving pain" as advertised. He does not care about you. Only your $$$. Do not make an appointment. I read all the negatives but dismissed them. Should have listened.

May 24th, 2013
Incompetent
I do not even know why I went to him. He would not listen to my symptoms. He just tried to write a prescription without any examination or anything. He clearly did not know what he was doing.

June 21st, 2012
Wasted time and effort.
My 61 year old wife had an referal/appointment with this doctor on the advice of her IM. My wife's back pain has been managed for over ten years with methadone and loritab for break through pain.He proposed a course of treatment that he admitted was rigorous and extreme.He would drop her methadone by 25% and take away the break through drug. He would require her to go to a Pain Psychiatrist. Eventually she might have to undergo a "drug holiday" free of opiates in advance the combination of drugs he would try on her. When asked if he would guarantee the combinations of drugs would control her pain, he offered no quarentees.He explained that the government (DEA) was restricting opiates and would continue that into the future. He said that patients who had longstanding relationships with doctors that prescribe opiates will be left without an option when their doctors retire or die. He said that clinics that prescribe opiates are being closed and licences are being lost. The examples he gave were in FL at "pill mills" and did not include any conventional pain clinics that I could identify.Dr. Kim also mentioned concerns about cardiac toxicity with methadone.===+To sum it upDr. Kim had no credibility with me or my wife. No compassion or comfort from him. In fact he rarely spoke to my wife addressing himself to me.His was a take it or leave it mentality. From his initial declaration that his proprosed treatment would be too rigourous and extreme for her, to his expectation that we would turn over her care to a practitioner who shrugged and offered no guarantee, to his requirement that she see a Pain Psychiatrist (what in the world is that?)I saw a doctor who was more concered with possible future changes in the law than in how to assure a 61 year old patient that he would not let her suffer.The man seems to favor a long and drawn out (and supposedly profitable) process without guarantee rather than a compassionate one that has historical success but doesn't require as many visits to his clinics.My wife's situation probably in the extreme minority of pain management folk. Our hearts are with you that are hurting, perhaps this practitioner is just right for you.He certainly wasn't for us.

December 14th, 2009
Incredible doctor
I hate that he moved and is no longer here. I haven't found a suitable replacement yet. The other doctor I saw at the clinic he was at is terrible. I have tried two other clinics and can't find the same level of professionalism and caring. His move has left a big void in the lives of all of his patients here. I do hope he is happy on his new location. He certainly deserves it.