Surgeons
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer
1475 NW 12th Ave
Miami, FL 33136
305-243-4211
Locations and availability (3)

|  show details
by Wendy Parker on Jun 5th, 2014

I had pancreatic necrosis and had a spleenectomy and pancreatic surgery in February 2014. Dr. Levi made me feel comfortable with the surgery I was going to have and his knowledge and bedside manner was the best I have ever had with any previous surgeries. I healed rapidly and have felt so much better since te surgery. If it wasn't so far away from where I live, he would be my gastro doctor from here out.

|  He is an angel with an unbelievable surgical gift.  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

This response is way overdue. I was asymptomatic prior to undergoing an unexpected whipple. I was luckly in that I did not have pancreatic cancer yet quite a medical challenge for him and his team. I was hospitalized around 2 weeks, (surgery around 7 hours) and received unbelievable thorough care, in all aspects. Six months I unexpectedly was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of stomach lining. Back to Dr. Levi for another 10 hours or so of surgery. He had to perform a total gastrectomy and some other procedures, as well. To say the least I am great, enjoying life due to him. I could not have asked for a more caring sincere practitioner who was there for me. I credit my life to him.

|  The Best!  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Dr. Joe Levi and his wife Linda,are some of the finest people i've ever met.Although my late husband did not survive Pancreatic Cancer, I know that Dr. Levi did everything in his power to help save his life. Thank You again, Dr.LeviAngelina Cimarelli.(Robert Cimarelli 1954-2006)

|  what a wonderful surgeon and friend  |  show details
by Bob Buckler, Fort Lauderdale, Florida on Jan 11th, 2011

Dr. Levi treated me for pancreatic cancer and operated on 7/30/2009, and I'm still here. He even calls me from time to time to find out how I am doing. I asked him why he took such an interest in me, he said "You are the rarest of rare. It gives me great peace to know that you are doing well, despite the much more grave scenario I face with most of my patients with similar disease." He's an "old school" doctor who as Chief of General Surgery demands nothing but the best from his students, interns and residents. When he found out that I was not getting proper care from Interventional Radiology, his wife and secretary called and said, "Don't make my husband come down there!" I also give the hospital, Jackson Memorial high marks for their care and attentiveness overall. God bless you Drs. Levi, Dr. Max Ciao Rocha-Lima (Oncologist), Dr. Monica Gonzalez Pathologist/Cytologist), Adriana (P.A.).

|  He saved my life!  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

Dr. Levi performed surgery for hepatic hemangeoma that was 10cm. That's roughly the size of a baseball. Had I listened to the Doctors in Palm Beach Count who wanted to perform a biopsy, I wouuld have bled out on the table and died. The surgery required his taking the entire right lobe of my liver (he left the gall-bladder, don't know why - I had that out one year ago). I recently found out that I have another one the size of a golfball. I am hopeful he is still practicing at the Univ. of Miami. I went to Joseph Sr., not Jr.

|  Fabulous surgeon  |  show details
by F. Meltzer on Mar 31st, 2010

I had major surgery in June 2000. Thanks to Dr. Levi, I am alive and well. He is among the best in the Country and literally saved my life. Another surgoen that I went to had a completely different diagnosis and Dr. Levi was coorect in his diagnosis and treatment.