Our Journey to become parents! show details Our Journey to become parents!
Jan 20th, 2015

Our journey to start a family started shortly after getting married except it didn't come as easy for us as it should. I found out that I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which meant that I had trouble ovulating. The doctor suggested that I take Clomid and after several rounds I gave up on that option. I decided that it was time to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist to point me in the right direction. I went to a group in Atlanta and they said IVF would be the best option for me, so we started our first cycle in December 2011. The fresh cycle didn’t take at all, so we took a couple months off and tried a frozen cycle which took but miscarried a week later. We decided that we needed a break from it all, so we took about a year off. We decided to go for a second opinion and visited Central Georgia Fertility in Macon, Ga and gave them my history and Dr. Hawkins quickly decided an exploratory surgery was needed since that is about the only thing that hadn’t been done. After the surgery they informed me that I had stage 4 Endometriosis and that my left tube had to be removed. With all of this going on they told me that IVF was going to be the best option again. Hearing this was hard because financially we were not willing to pay the full amount again so I went online and found Servy Massey Fertility Institute. They offered an affordable option about half the cost of the other fertility groups. I contacted the Atlanta office and they got in me in quickly. Within 6 weeks after my surgery we started IVF again! The great thing about Servy Massey Fertility Institute was that they allowed for me to have all of my monitoring at Central Georgia Fertility because it was closer for me and would be less stressful on me then having to drive to Atlanta every day. 14 days went by quickly and we had the egg retrieval…then waited 5 days for the embryo transfer then we had the 2 week wait. Expect we couldn’t wait the full 14 days and took a pregnancy which showed a BFP (big fat positive) on day 10 after transfer. We were so excited and knew that this time it was going to work and it did!! We now have a 5 month old boy that we feel is our little miracle. I just wanted to say that Dr. Massey was so very thoughtful, he called shortly after having my son to check on us. He even wrote a sweet letter to my son and mailed it to us!! We have embryos left so we hope to use those soon. My husband and I are forever grateful for Drs. Massey and Servy in that they provided us with the opportunity have a child and become parents!! Never give up on your dream of becoming a parent!!

So thankful we found Dr. Massey show details So thankful we found Dr. Massey
by Douglas and Vivian C. on Mar 29th, 2014

My wife and I started trying to conceive over 8 years ago. Almost five years ago we went to our first Fertility appointment. The Fertility doctor explained that with all our problems we had a limited chance of conceiving even with ICSI/IVF (Low Sperm Count/Low Motility, Low Egg Quality/Count and PCOS). The doctor went over all the percentages and was very discouraging about our odds. The doctor told us we should consider donor sperm, a donor egg and even asked us if we had considered adoption. We were told the cost for one or three cycles and knew there was no way we could afford the process at that time. We were extremely disappointed having lost our hope and felt pregnancy was out of our reach. A year later we decided to follow up with the same doctor and see if there was any change. This time my complications had improved some but in the doctors view my wife had only gotten older. The doctor advised us to consider a donor egg but also strongly recommended adoption. I remember my wife crying that day as we left the doctor’s office. What do you do when a Fertility doctor gives you no hope? We left the doctor’s office thinking our IVF journey was over. A family friend encouraged us to take one last look at IVF. We knew we did not want to go back to the same doctor so we began looking for someone new. My wife was then 37 and I was 32. We were very fortunate to find Servy Massey Fertility Institute who offered the IVF process for almost half of what the previous doctor charged. Dr. Massey discussed with us the challenges we faced but never made us feel there was no hope or told us to consider adoption; he simply supported us trying. We were also very thankful for the support one of the nurses in the office, Dawn Cooke, showed us even when our chances looked poor. The staff at both office locations were extremely kind and supportive. Shortly after we began the process my wife and I each got one year older but with Servy Massey’s help we beat the odds and my wife gave birth to our son in January 2014! We really could not say enough good things about Servy Massy.

Best Doctor and Staff in Atlanta! show details Best Doctor and Staff in Atlanta!
by Heather B. on Feb 4th, 2014

My husband and I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Massey and his staff! Wow…what a difference they made in our infertility journey. They truly made us feel like family. After several unsuccessful IUI attempts at another specialist we were blessed to find Dr. Massey and his staff who supported us each step of the way in our first IVF procedure. They were available day and night for any questions or concerns and willing to see us if needed at any time. Happily we were successful on our first IVF attempt and our son was born healthy and happy this past October. We cannot thank Dr. Massey and his staff enough for making our dreams come true! We are looking forward to seeing Dr. Massey and his staff again very soon to try for baby #2!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jan 24th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Massey and his staff was amazing! They were all very helpful in keeping my husband and I informed and reassured thru out the entire IVF process. I could not have been happier with Dr. Massey and especially with our healthy baby boy:)

IVF with Dr. Massey. show details IVF with Dr. Massey.
by Shawne Jacobs on Jan 23rd, 2014

We continue to be thrilled with Dr. Massey and the entire Servy Massey staff. It was a long process to find them, but now that we have, we can't imagine where we would be without them. Our son recently turned 10 months old and is happy and healthy in every way possible. We have begun the planning for our next child and look forward to working with them again. After 3 unsuccessful IUI's and a number of costly tests at one of Atlanta's largest fertility clinics, we began looking for more cost effective options since our insurance did not cover any of this. We explored medical tourism and began planning to spend the holidays overseas for a month-long "IVF vacation". Thankfully we came across Servy Massey before moving forward with other options. With our first round of IVF, we transferred two embryos and had our son a short nine months later. We are very lucky to have 13 embryos frozen for future use. The personalized care we received would make us recommend Servy Massey to anyone -- even if cost was not a concern!

Better than the big clinics! show details Better than the big clinics!
by Stephanie R on Jan 22nd, 2014

I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Massey and his team in Atlanta and Dr. Servy in Augusta. I had 4 IUIs with another doctor and other Fertility Clinics in Atlanta turned me down for IVF due to my age and blood work but Dr. Massey looked at my file and blood work and told me my realistic chances in a kind, gentle, matter-of-fact, support manner. He and his team took the time to answer my questions and explain exactly why he ordering a specific protocol or treatment. At 42, I knew my chances for conceiving and carrying a pregnancy to term would be remote but Dr. Massey gave me a chance. He would let me try it but would let me waste my time, money or emotional energy. He and his team's kindness and support, make this nerve-racking, emotionally draining experience easier. I’m very happy to say that my 2nd IVF succeed…I’m 26 weeks along and expecting in April 2014.

Ths Charm of Dr. Massey show details Ths Charm of Dr. Massey
by L.C. on Jan 17th, 2014

I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to Dr. Joe Massey for his encouragement and fertility expertise which resulted in a successful pregnancy for my wife and I. As an older couple, we did not have high hopes that an IVF procedure would be successful. Dr. Massey's many years of experience in the IVF field and his positive attitude gave us the confidence to continue IVF treatment after an initial failure. As a result, the second try was successful, and we are now the proud parents of a beautiful and healthy baby boy. I would highly recommend Dr. Massey to any couple wishing to undertake an IVF treatment program and to start a family at any age.

They helped make our dreams come true! show details They helped make our dreams come true!
by Joanna G. on Jan 16th, 2014

We are so thankful to have found Servy Massey Fertility Institute online, we now have beautiful 11 month old twins because of them! After trying for a year, we found out we were dealing with male factor infertility. We were told IVF was our only option. Unfortunately in 2007 we couldn't afford IVF and after 26 months did conceive our son naturally. When our son 18 months old, we started trying again, went through the testing again and confirmed that we indeed were still dealing with male factor infertility. After trying for over two years, we searched for “low cost IVF centers” and happened to run across a blog that mentioned there was a relatively new low cost fertility center in Atlanta. We could not believe the price difference and feel like we were led to that blog and to the Servy Massey website because it is so affordable. We met with Dr. Massey and all agreed that IVF was our best option. We transferred 2 beautiful embryos and on the first try both of them turned into beautiful babies! I highly recommend Servy Massey Fertility Institute for those of you struggling with infertility and looking for affordable options. When we found Dr. Massey, we immediately clicked with his laid-back personality and wonderful bedside manner. Between having a great feeling about our doctor and the price, we knew we were in the right place!

Making dreams come true show details Making dreams come true
by Lori Beth Brooks on Jan 14th, 2014

We tried to have a baby for 7 long years and after losing both my fallopian tubes, IVF was our only hope. We only could do it if it was affordable and Dr. Massey's office was really the only one we found. But, don't let the price fool you, he is very experienced in this field. They just want everyone to be able to have this amazing joy in their lives. They were newer when we went and we never had to wait more than 5 mins. They are not like a lot of the huge offices I have heard about. They went along with my cycle for the most natural way possible...not pooling me together with others. They were so kind and understanding when listening to our history and issues. Dr, Massey is not the typical doctor. He is so kind and gentle and connects personally with his patients. He listened and addressed all our concerns. He even gave me his own cell phone number when I was bleeding and scared I was losing the baby. We were so blessed that our first IVF round worked! We had our little girl in April 2013. She is an amazing gift and I thank Dr. Massey and his staff for giving her to us. We hope to use our frozen embryo soon....praying our little girl gets a brother or sister! I would recommend them to anyone going through infertility.

First baby at 42 thanks to Dr. Massey and team show details First baby at 42 thanks to Dr. Massey and team
by Kendell C on Jan 7th, 2014

I can't say enough great things about Dr. Massey and his team. I was so happy to have found them 2 years ago. After 4 IUIs and a tubal pregnancy under the care of a larger, well-known competitor in town, we decided to research other options. The care we were receiving felt rushed, impersonal and was VERY expensive. I googled, "affordable IVF" and that is how I found SMFI. I was nervous at first because I was afraid "half-priced" also meant discounted care but that could be no further from the truth. Immediately we felt comfortable under Dr. M's care and his staff treated us like family. As an example of his personalized care, I once was on vacation and realized I had forgotten a few of my meds. Called him on his cell phone and he immediately called me back, calmed me down and told me a work around to get through the days with what I had. Flash forward, at 42 we welcomed our first baby girl and in a few weeks we are going back to try again!

great experience!! show details great experience!!
Jan 7th, 2014

Using Doctor Massey to conceive my beautiful daughter was a fantastic experience from beginning to end. To begin with all the staff are extremely friendly and all take a vested interest in you. DR Massey immediately makes you feel at ease and gives you hope and eases your fears and worries. I was most satisfied and am using him again for baby number two G-d willing!!!

Dr. Massey show details Dr. Massey
by Bee Scott on May 29th, 2013

Hello and good day to you Dr. Massey I have read plenty about you as well as your practice and staff ;l have listened to many families testimonials on the web and you continue to be a blessing to many families and l'am more than sure our God smiles on you and your family each day for your work ;therefore l'am excited to meet you and your staff on this coming Thursday as a new patient... Thanks, Enjoy the rest of your day:):)