inactive

Joe N Chiu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 27th, 2014
I just went to this doctor and I didn't like it at all, I asked questions but he just responded with something vague. I was trying to ask questions about my condition but I felt like I was been rushed and didn't give me enough time to ask more. Staff I give it a 1 . They need to be more organized, they need to be more organized.

August 8th, 2014
Awkward and Uncomfortable
Where to begin? While this wasn't the worst doctor I've ever encountered, it certainly comes close. The location is strange. It's shoved between a strip-mall and an auto shop, with maybe four parking spots. The actual building is maybe 6 rooms, in a waiting room that looks like it has been around since the 1940s. The staff is unfriendly and confused. They seem nice, but the lack of computers and modern technology means that every single task takes eons. Except long waits and lost paperwork. Oh, by the way, they don't accept credit/debit - cash only - you've been warned. Don't even begin talking about the scheduling. It can take weeks or months to schedule an appointment (although apparently random walk-ins sometimes get preferred treatment); if you come by lunchtime, expect to wait an hour after they are supposed to reopen, because nobody will be there and the doors will be locked, even if you're already 10 minutes late for your appointment. The front help also doubles as the nurses. Again, they're nice, but they're the same people you just dealt with, so that much can be a little frustrating. Dr. Chiu himself is nice in personality, but a little strange. His bedside manner is there, but he seems to stare, breathe heavy, and not ask many questions or respond to any of your concerns. He is very no nonsense; go through the motions, do the basic check up, how are you feeling, etc. And... that's pretty much it. He comes to basic conclusions, doesn't really seem to address any concerns you have, and gives you a very barebones, basic assessment of what he thinks is wrong. It's like he studied medicine and is quite knowledgeable, but doesn't have the energy to actually help patients. I would not recommend this doctor. I suppose if you needed something in this part of the city, or you just preferred this straightforward and simple service, then sure, go for Dr. Chiu. But if you have legitimate health concerns, surely there is a more skilled and better equipped doctor somewhere else.

September 22nd, 2009
Excellent Family Doctor
Doctor Chiu has been my personal physician for 3 years whilst I developed diabetes and he is the best Doctor I have ever had in the last 50 years. He is entirely concerned with your short, medium and long term health without prescribing lots of meds or meaningless placebos. He genuinely cares and I am the healthiest I have been for many years despite my current genetic conditions, thanks to his advice.\