Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- ADHD An overview of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel Thompson
Dr. Joel Thompson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT, with another office in Salt Lake City, UT. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Neurology, Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Thompson is affiliated with University of Utah Hospital, Uintah Basin Medical Center and Primary Children+s Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel Thompson has the following 4 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs...
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine...
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy,...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
Dr. Joel Thompson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.
Dr. Louis Allen
Salt Lake City, UT 0.62 mi29
Dr. Michael Kalm
Adolescent Medicine, Psychiatry, Child Psychiatry
Salt Lake City, UT 0.90 mi46
Dr. Bernard Liang
Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics
Salt Lake City, UT 0.94 mi15