A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Abramowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Abramowitz, Hematologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abramowitz
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Abramowitz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Abramowitz, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Abramowitz graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Abramowitz has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel William Abramowitz MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joel W. Abramowitz practice?
- Dr. Joel Abramowitz has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Abramowitz practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists, Houston Hematologists, and Houston Oncologists.