A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Abramowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Abramowitz, Hematologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abramowitz
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Abramowitz, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Abramowitz graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Abramowitz has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel William Abramowitz MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joel W. Abramowitz practice?
- Dr. Joel Abramowitz has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Abramowitz practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists, Houston Hematologists, and Houston Oncologists.