A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Mason:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Mason is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Mason, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mason graduated from University of Chicago. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Mason has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mason accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 14 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joel B. Mason practice?
Dr. Joel Mason practices Gastroenterology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Gastroenterologists.