Dr. Joel Barthelow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joel Barthelow?

Chronic Dry Eye

Chronic Dry Eye

Have you seen Dr. Joel Barthelow?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 31st, 2017

con man

I was a patient of Dr. Shaws' for years. He was wonderful. I had a routine eye exam with Dr. Barthelow after Dr. Shaws' retirement. There had been a huge change in the office which now appeared to be a mill. After 3 or 4 round ladies did various tests Dr. Barthelow appeared. I informed him that I felt my vision had changed and he told me I needed cataract surgery. I wanted to delay the surgery for 4 months due to travel plans and asked about a new prescription. He informed me a new prescription would do no good. He then had me meet with his surgery scheduler which I did. This felt like meeting with the CLOSER at a car dealership. I left without scheduling surgery and saw another ophthalmologist. I was told I might ned cataract surgery in two years and given a new prescription which made my vision much better. Run from this Doctor!!!!

September 10th, 2013

Excellent treatment by Dr.s Barthelow and Shaw, opthalmologists

Almost 2 years ago now I developed a severe eye inflammation called uveitis in both eyes. I went to 2 differnent walk-in clinics and was misdiagnosed both times. My vision got so cloudy my wife said,"we're going to the eye doctor even if we don't have an appointment." When we got to North Valley Eye Care in Chico, both Dr. Shaw and Barthelow assessed the situation. This turned out to be a potentially very serious condition with a possibilty of blindness. They saw almost daily for over a week and even on the weekends. The treatment continues because the uveitis flares up after I discontiue the medications, but the periods of being problem-free are getting longer and longer. I could not have asked for better care! I have seen Dr. Shaw since we moved here in 1981. Now I see Dr. Barthelow more often than not but also rely on Dr. Shaw. I am very pleased with their care and medical skills.

March 3rd, 2017