Surgeons
Manhattan Surgical Associates
25 E 69th St
New York, NY 10021
212-517-8600
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
by Victor on Jun 4th, 2014

Dr. Bauer is an excellent surgeon. Wait time for his visits is a bit long, but he's worth it.

|  There's no surgeon I trust more  |  show details
by Eva on Oct 1st, 2013

I've had multiple abdominal surgeries by a number of surgeons at different hospitals. The reason I find Dr. Bauer the most trustworthy is because he is very conservative. He uses the scalpel only if it's truly urgent and all other alternatives have been tried and failed. Initially he doesn't come across as a warm person but once you get to know him you notice that there's a very caring human being beneath that omnipotent facade. If I need GI surgery, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

|  A highly qualified surgeon and a mentch  |  show details
by Shifra on Sep 12th, 2010

There is no other surgeon that I trust more than Dr. Bauer

Jul 28th, 2010

Dr. Bauer has saved my life. I have been a patient of his since 1997. He was the only one who was agressive and took control of my disease. I had to have a few other surgeries with Dr. Bauer and he comes across in the beginning a little cold, but in reality he really cares and took very good care of me. When I called him regarding my sister who has colitis and was having a stroke he ran to the hospital to take care of her...no questions, no bills. He is a very talented doctor.

Jul 7th, 2010

not worth the expense

|  His ego is more important that the welfare of his patient  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

He ignored my directions and non permisson for a surgical procdure and has caused me life alterning physical issues

by RW on Mar 18th, 2010

Dr. Bauer is an excellent surgeon, very skilled and experienced. I think very highly of him as a surgeon and as a caring person who will do his best to treat your condition and try his best to have a great surgical outcome.

|  Great experience... great Dr.  |  show details
by LTC Dave Jones, US ARMY on Feb 22nd, 2010

Son was diagnosed with Ulceritive Colitis... Dr. Bauer served us well... pre/during/post surgery...Happy with the experience and the surgery for our 18 year old son.He is fully recovered... and has put on 35 lbs of pure muscle since his illness...No Steroids worked whatsoever! after 3 years... surgery was our choice... and we are pleased with the results for our son!!!

Dec 5th, 2009

You dont get what you pay for. Off insurance - I dont understand this concept of the city. Someone told me that you need a doc who's not on insurance to be good. Clearly this is not the case. He operates on me on a Friday and then his junior saw me afterwards.

Jun 18th, 2009

did not really do true laparoscopic surgery on me, more like a big csection scar

|  J Pouch  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2008

Surgery done at Mt Sinai....Dr Bauer and Dr Gorfine are top notch.