Dr. Joel Benowitz MD Patient Reviews

3.6

September 8th, 2016
I have been going to him since 2006 and he is the best. No matter what you go to him for, he takes all the worry away from you and HE HAS THE BEST BEDSIDE MANNER!

July 20th, 2016
This Dctor is very rude, and continue to ask me if i was a doctor for over 40 years, when he was ask a question.. He also did not give me an opportunity to speak.
Doctor's Response

This patient who called me rude was impossible to help no matter what I said. He wouldn't listen and was already combative before I was discussing surgical options. He was there to tell me what he wanted me to do and I was not able to explain to him that in my opinion and experience there are better approaches to this surgery. It appeared he had a bad experience with other surgeons and I recommended getting other opinions.

September 1st, 2013
Best Surgeon
I went to Dr. Benowitz after being referred for a hernia. He was wonderful and explained everything. Surgery was a breeze and my scar was minor. He even made sure he did not cut my tattoo. You can't even tell I have a scar now. Some time last year I was in South Nassau Hospital for 5 days and they could not figure out what was wrong - I was getting worse and the pain was becoming unbearable. I called Dr. Benowitz from my hospital bed over at Long Beach hospital and he called me back right away, told me to check myself out and come see him. I did. After he gave me an exam - poke my sides and looked at my hospital records - he diagnosed me with a simple bladder infection. One day later after taking the antibiotics he gave me I felt 100 percent. This happened again recently with the pain and my doctors could not diagnos me. I called him - he called me back immediately and he prescribed antibiotics. He is amazing, HE LISTENS, he CARES, and is UNDERSTANING, and wants to make you well. I am forever thankful for him. God Bless Dr. Benowitz. And an extra plus his staff is wonderful and his nurse Linda is a charm. xoxo

November 10th, 2012
trusted Doctor
dr.benowitz is an AMAZING doctor. best bedside manner Ive EVER seen. Patience and Professiolism from the first time you walk into the office. I personally had multiple biopsies and subsequent surgery, I had minimal discomfort and gained utmost trust and respect for an amazing doctor and staff. comfort level is extremely high, the staff is wonderful. I am so happy with My doctor--hope everyone else uses him, fantastic!

February 26th, 2012
Excellent physician, kind, caring, professional, marked surgical expertise.
I am a physician who referred many patients to Dr. Benowitz with such wonderful feedback andresults that I wanted to see him myself for a serious breast problem although he is quite far from where I practice in Manhattan. I also, being just as nervous as any patient felt safer and more comfortable seeing him after a 12 year phone relationship which resuted in the kindest utmost care for both myself as well as my patients.

January 26th, 2011
Dr.B is awesome and thank god for his patience and sense of humor, because without that and him i would not have made it through my ordeal of breast cancer. which with me, it was one thing right after the next..so keep up the good work and maybe we can go riding on the harley some day....lol love ya and thanks for everything!!!! that also includes his staff they are the BEST!!!!

January 10th, 2011
I read the previous comment and had a completely opposite opinion. A extremely caring, attentive and excellent physician. He helped me and my family through the frustration of diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. A great doctor and human being. I highy recommend him from diagnosis through treatment. the offic estaff is caring and helful.

July 27th, 2010
Tracy Holloman - Life Empowerment Coach
I must say when they told me they saw something on my mammogram, I thought okay which is going to be the best surgeon for me. I was referred to Dr. Benowitz and I must say, I am truly grateful. From the very first meeting, I felt like we were old friends. Dr. Benowitz has a wonderful energy about him and beside manner that can put anyone at risk of cancer at ease. His staff are as friendly and it was such a pleasure working with all of them. My pathology results were delivered in the most professional, warm and friendly manner. And while my results came back benign, there are so many others who may not have been so blessed, instead, they receivedthe blessing of Dr. Benowitz's and that of his staff. Anyone with cancer has the greatest of chances to get well under his care.

April 7th, 2010
A caring compassionate doctor who cuts through the crap and tells you how it is in a kind and gentle manner. His office staff is just as kind and always makes you feel like you are the only patient in the office. Never rushed and no question is unanswered.Highly recommed to anyone.