A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Bernstein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Bernstein is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Bernstein
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Bernstein Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Bernstein, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Interventional Oncology
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Bernstein graduated from Stanford University.
Dr. Bernstein has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- UC San Diego Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel I Bernstein FACP and MD is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joel I. Bernstein practice?
- Dr. Joel Bernstein has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Bernstein practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near La Jolla, CA.
See La Jolla Internists and La Jolla Oncologists.