Dr. Joel Swanson MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Eagle, ID

3.0

July 27th, 2016
Gives an accurate diagnosis
I love this doctor, he is spot on with diagnosis, He has been taking care of both my parents they are 94 years young and myself for 9 years, he is compassionate, caring and a really good man. I always respect his opinion he doesn't mince with his words, very direct.

January 13th, 2015
abrupt, curt, defensive when errors were made from his office, cussing, inappropriate comments about ER physicians

December 10th, 2013
BAD DOCTOR
He is a doctor that has no manners, did not even introduce his self, rude. I will not go back to him, he only wants patients that do not need help. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. If I could put negative points on the review I would. The nurses were great....

September 7th, 2012
Great Doctor: Troubled support staff
We have caught his nurse lying to us in order to cover up failures such as: Missed follow-ups, not sending prescriptions to the Pharmacist, sending the wrong prescription to the pharmacist etc.We considered changing Doctors, but then his nurse went away and the reliability has improved significantly since her departure.

July 17th, 2012
Super doc!!
Excellent diagnostician, great personality, would never change physicians.

June 1st, 2012
Find yourself a better MD
Dr. Swanson is more concerned with what his time is worth regarding how much your insurance will compensate him for your medical visit than patient care. I have visited the doctor 4x, on my first visit the doctor left me waiting 3x while he spoke to his contractor regarding a plumbing issue in his home. On my last visit I needed forms filled out for my insurance and the doctor balked at the number of pages saying that it would take him more time to fill out the forms than he would be compensated. He then passed me off to his nursing staff. It took me 3 weeks longer to get the paperwork done and he didnt even sign the document as required. I had to schedule an appt. with another physician to complete the forms correctly.Bottom line, there are better doctors in Boise/Eagle.

March 6th, 2012
Cordial and competent
Dr. Swanson was cordial. Listened carefully to all of the issues. Ordered appropriate tests and issued prescriptions based upon those tests.I would say nothing to rave about, but certainly competent.

December 9th, 2011
Dr Swanson is very knowledgeable and always takes the time to answer my questions. I appreciate his candor.

March 15th, 2010
Not up to par
I saw Dr Swanson numerous times over the course of a year. On one occasion, I wait an hour and a half for Swanson to show up. I asked him if he had a medical emergency and he said "No". No excuse or sincere apology was given. On another occassion I waited 68 minutes. He and his staff made numerous mistakes. Getting something done by calling the nurse was a really exhausting trial of my patience. I am so much happier since I switched doctors.