A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Cooper:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Cooper is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Cooper, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Barrett Esophagus
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Surgery (Pulmonary Surgical Procedures)
- Lung Transplantation
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Reperfusion Injury
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cooper graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Cooper has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel D Cooper MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 46 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joel D. Cooper practice?
- Dr. Joel Cooper has 5 office locations.
Dr. Joel Cooper practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Cherry Hill, NJ.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.