Dr. Joel Cotton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joel Cotton?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Joel Cotton?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

September 13th, 2017

Rude, inconsiderate, unprofessional

As the former wife of a physician, I am well aware of the Dr. patient relationship and how it affects treatment and confidence of the patient towards her physician. This Dr. works for Workman's Comp ONLY! During my visit this Dr. bulleted questions at me so fast I could not even answer them. When I inquired as to my medical records he responded very curtly, "I'll get to that!" This leads me to believe he did not even take the time to even peruse my records prior to the visit. Physicians take a Hippocratic oath to first "do no harm." Due to the accident, I sustained while working I was under a lot of stress and experienced a lot of pain. The treatment I received from this Dr. was emotionally and psychologically abusive as I was in a vulnerable position. The exam he performed lasted approximately five minutes. It is apparent that this physician works solely for SFM Workman's Comp Insurance and makes no effort to gather information from the patient. He clearly has one goal in mind; satisfy the needs of the insurance company he works for. I cannot express enough that if you are in need of good professional medical care do not see this physician. He will not help you.

August 16th, 2017

Go to get checked for MS

I have read alot about MS and the test that are given. This doctor took less then 1 minute and said I did not have MS. No other testing. This doctor should just retire. If you are a doctor and you don't use current info in your field you should not be a doctor. Old ways of thinking are long past gone. This doctor needs to know it is the year 2017, It is not 1896 as the medical tools he uses was i am guessing made then too. Either way this doctor is out of sync with people. You should think about retiring sir. You can not help anybody anymore. Please don't take your children to this doctor

June 12th, 2017

Horrid

Would not recommend. 2 minute exam and without looking at medical records was able to suggest that I need an antidepressant - not neurosurgery. What a crock. I have a diagnosed brain disease but that's moot and unrelated. Terrible doctor, very full of himself.

December 28th, 2016

So Rude!!

Mean, Rude, Self-centered... the List could go on. Find someone else.

January 5th, 2016

Not sure what planet this Doctor is on..but it isn't this one. He didn't listen to anything I said and his answer to my issue was to double my medication. He wasn't interested in my questions and isn't interested in outcomes. Spent more time in the waiting room than with him. Not worth it.

August 11th, 2015

This Doctor (if you can even call him that) is an immoral piece of work. He doesn't listen or care about what you say. Even my attorney stated he has his hands in the insurance providers pockets and gets paid to misdiagnose so that you don't win your personal injury cases. I hope he gets whats coming to him. 5 years after he said nothing was wrong with me, I get diagnosed with a neurological issue stemming from the car accident and now have to retrain my whole right side. Thanks a lot.

June 14th, 2015

Rude

Everything people wrote about him in a negative way is correct. He's a Dr that works for workers comp companies and he diagnoses you with what the work comp company wants you to be diagnosed with. Very inaccurate diagnosis and will never go see him again.

May 12th, 2015

Jas

Terrible. Didn't even listen to me. Was a jerk during the exam. Mis-diagnosed me. One word: Loser. Was on his phone texting during our appointment.

April 15th, 2015

Dr. Cotton is rude, uncaring, insensitive, curt, belittling, not compassionate, very arrogant. Total waste of time and money.

December 18th, 2014

If you are looking for someone to go to lunch with I would go with a friend. If you are looking for a Dr...he is fine. He was not rushed. He was not arrogant or rude. He is not a "hug your patients" Dr but so what. We liked him and he does call it straight. Isn't that what we go to Dr's for? Yes..we would go back to him.

October 24th, 2013

Non-caring

I saw doctor Cotton about 5 years ago. I started having MS Symptoms and sure enough I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. It is bad enough that you are being diagnosed with an awful disease, then to make it worse the delivery in which the doctor gives it to you makes it even worse. He was so non-caring, and didn't have a plan on where to go next. That was my last time seeing Dr. Cotton. If you want someone to sit down with you and discuss your situation, this is not the person you should go to. He may be a good doctor, I really don't know, but his bedside manner caused me to go elswhere.

May 29th, 2013

Cannot Understand the Negative Reviews

I was referred to Dr. Cotton because the Neurology Dr.'s in Lincoln would have taken too long to get into. My Dr. did not want me to wait, so I headed to Omaha. Anyway, I like that Dr. Cotton and the other Dr.'s at his office welcome patients themselves (no nurses taking you back). We sat in his office and went over test results then moved to an exam room where he ran through a complete neuro. exam. After we talked options, he told me to follow up by phone in 2 weeks. I did and was surprised when he called me back personally. Again, a few weeks later, I received a follow up call from him when I needed more information. This is rare with any Dr. and I really appreciated the personal way my case was handled. He's a nice guy and a good Dr. who I would certainly see again.