Dr. Joel Cotton MD Patient Reviews

2.2

December 28th, 2016
So Rude!!
Mean, Rude, Self-centered... the List could go on. Find someone else.

January 5th, 2016
Not sure what planet this Doctor is on..but it isn't this one. He didn't listen to anything I said and his answer to my issue was to double my medication. He wasn't interested in my questions and isn't interested in outcomes. Spent more time in the waiting room than with him. Not worth it.

August 11th, 2015
This Doctor (if you can even call him that) is an immoral piece of work. He doesn't listen or care about what you say. Even my attorney stated he has his hands in the insurance providers pockets and gets paid to misdiagnose so that you don't win your personal injury cases. I hope he gets whats coming to him. 5 years after he said nothing was wrong with me, I get diagnosed with a neurological issue stemming from the car accident and now have to retrain my whole right side. Thanks a lot.

June 14th, 2015
Rude
Everything people wrote about him in a negative way is correct. He's a Dr that works for workers comp companies and he diagnoses you with what the work comp company wants you to be diagnosed with. Very inaccurate diagnosis and will never go see him again.

May 12th, 2015
Jas
Terrible. Didn't even listen to me. Was a jerk during the exam. Mis-diagnosed me. One word: Loser. Was on his phone texting during our appointment.

April 15th, 2015
Dr. Cotton is rude, uncaring, insensitive, curt, belittling, not compassionate, very arrogant. Total waste of time and money.

December 18th, 2014
If you are looking for someone to go to lunch with I would go with a friend. If you are looking for a Dr...he is fine. He was not rushed. He was not arrogant or rude. He is not a "hug your patients" Dr but so what. We liked him and he does call it straight. Isn't that what we go to Dr's for? Yes..we would go back to him.

October 24th, 2013
Non-caring
I saw doctor Cotton about 5 years ago. I started having MS Symptoms and sure enough I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. It is bad enough that you are being diagnosed with an awful disease, then to make it worse the delivery in which the doctor gives it to you makes it even worse. He was so non-caring, and didn't have a plan on where to go next. That was my last time seeing Dr. Cotton. If you want someone to sit down with you and discuss your situation, this is not the person you should go to. He may be a good doctor, I really don't know, but his bedside manner caused me to go elswhere.

May 29th, 2013
Cannot Understand the Negative Reviews
I was referred to Dr. Cotton because the Neurology Dr.'s in Lincoln would have taken too long to get into. My Dr. did not want me to wait, so I headed to Omaha. Anyway, I like that Dr. Cotton and the other Dr.'s at his office welcome patients themselves (no nurses taking you back). We sat in his office and went over test results then moved to an exam room where he ran through a complete neuro. exam. After we talked options, he told me to follow up by phone in 2 weeks. I did and was surprised when he called me back personally. Again, a few weeks later, I received a follow up call from him when I needed more information. This is rare with any Dr. and I really appreciated the personal way my case was handled. He's a nice guy and a good Dr. who I would certainly see again.

April 11th, 2013
Not helpful in the least
Many of these reviews sum him up nicely: condescending, dismissive, arrogant, passive aggressive, patronizing - but I'd also like to add uncaring and irresponsible. My wife has suffered from vertigo, seizures, migraines, and aphasia (which affect the ability to convert thoughts into words) for months and some symptoms for years. We've been to the hospital 3 times in the last 4 months because of seizures. Dr. Cotton, within 10 minutes dismissed her. When I attempted to confront him on her still existing issues, he said (paraphrasing) "I'll admit there's a lot of unknowns, but I'll send her doctor a recommendation that she can go back to work, ok?" - Not ok, we want to diagnose her issues, not dismiss them – if we were going to just ignore the issues then we wouldn't have gone to see a neurologist.

October 9th, 2012
If your looking for someone who is knowledgible accessibly and will give you straight answers~ Dr Cotton is for you!
I have known Dr Cotton for a few years now. He will listen quietly making notes and asking you questions as needed. If you have a question day or night he will be there for you, and NEVER make you feel like a bother regardless of the time. Now the Nurses have a tendancy to want to "run the show" as one might say..but I speak my wishes and have never had a problem with them at the offfice...I want to hear it from the Doctor not a nurse,,,I do not pay for the nurse to answer medical questions I pay the Doctor and that is who I speak with. period. Think I am difficult? you should I do not ask for respect I demand it as a patient..I don't take crap..and Dr Cotton does not pee on me and tell me it is raining either!

April 16th, 2012
Do not go to him!
He was extremely dismissive, arrogant, passive aggressive, and patronizing. And, he truly did not have the slightest concern in helping diagnose my pain. Other (better) doctors after him diagnosed me with several neurological conditions after Dr. Cotton said nothing was wrong with me. So I guess that if you do not have something extremely interesting or rare for him to diagnose, then he does not care at all to take the time to help you. I think he's just completely "checked out". So, just don't bother. Find another neurologist that will actually treat you like a human and that will help you figure out your concern. My question to Dr. Cotton is this: Why did you even become a doctor if you do not like having to deal with patients?