Neurologists

8901 W Dodge Rd
Ste 210
Omaha, NE 68114
402-354-2000
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Non-caring  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2013

I saw doctor Cotton about 5 years ago. I started having MS Symptoms and sure enough I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. It is bad enough that you are being diagnosed with an awful disease, then to make it worse the delivery in which the doctor gives it to you makes it even worse. He was so non-caring, and didn't have a plan on where to go next. That was my last time seeing Dr. Cotton. If you want someone to sit down with you and discuss your situation, this is not the person you should go to. He may be a good doctor, I really don't know, but his bedside manner caused me to go elswhere.

|  Cannot Understand the Negative Reviews  |  show details
by CHLincoln on May 29th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Cotton because the Neurology Dr.'s in Lincoln would have taken too long to get into. My Dr. did not want me to wait, so I headed to Omaha. Anyway, I like that Dr. Cotton and the other Dr.'s at his office welcome patients themselves (no nurses taking you back). We sat in his office and went over test results then moved to an exam room where he ran through a complete neuro. exam. After we talked options, he told me to follow up by phone in 2 weeks. I did and was surprised when he called me back personally. Again, a few weeks later, I received a follow up call from him when I needed more information. This is rare with any Dr. and I really appreciated the personal way my case was handled. He's a nice guy and a good Dr. who I would certainly see again.

|  Not helpful in the least  |  show details
by Matt B. on Apr 11th, 2013

Many of these reviews sum him up nicely: condescending, dismissive, arrogant, passive aggressive, patronizing - but I'd also like to add uncaring and irresponsible. My wife has suffered from vertigo, seizures, migraines, and aphasia (which affect the ability to convert thoughts into words) for months and some symptoms for years. We've been to the hospital 3 times in the last 4 months because of seizures. Dr. Cotton, within 10 minutes dismissed her. When I attempted to confront him on her still existing issues, he said (paraphrasing) "I'll admit there's a lot of unknowns, but I'll send her doctor a recommendation that she can go back to work, ok?" - Not ok, we want to diagnose her issues, not dismiss them – if we were going to just ignore the issues then we wouldn't have gone to see a neurologist.

|  If your looking for someone who is knowledgible accessibly and will give you straight answers~ Dr Cotton is for you!  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

I have known Dr Cotton for a few years now. He will listen quietly making notes and asking you questions as needed. If you have a question day or night he will be there for you, and NEVER make you feel like a bother regardless of the time. Now the Nurses have a tendancy to want to "run the show" as one might say..but I speak my wishes and have never had a problem with them at the offfice...I want to hear it from the Doctor not a nurse,,,I do not pay for the nurse to answer medical questions I pay the Doctor and that is who I speak with. period. Think I am difficult? you should I do not ask for respect I demand it as a patient..I don't take crap..and Dr Cotton does not pee on me and tell me it is raining either!

|  Do not go to him!  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

He was extremely dismissive, arrogant, passive aggressive, and patronizing. And, he truly did not have the slightest concern in helping diagnose my pain. Other (better) doctors after him diagnosed me with several neurological conditions after Dr. Cotton said nothing was wrong with me. So I guess that if you do not have something extremely interesting or rare for him to diagnose, then he does not care at all to take the time to help you. I think he's just completely "checked out". So, just don't bother. Find another neurologist that will actually treat you like a human and that will help you figure out your concern. My question to Dr. Cotton is this: Why did you even become a doctor if you do not like having to deal with patients?

|  stay far away  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2011

I would not take a dog I didn't like to Fr. Cotton. He was rude, dismissive, critical and unprepared.

|  Horrible-Keep looking  |  show details
by Stephanie Johnston on Sep 23rd, 2010

Gave a me quick glancing over, and determined there was nothing wrong with me. This after confirmed neurological problems, by other neurologists. Then offered me no direction of who he might have referred me to. Just said you don't need a neurologist, and that was it. All for the bargain price of 400.00 billed to my insurance company. The is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen, totally uncaring, and the bedside manner of a doormat. Don't waste you time or money, go somewhere else all together, PLEASE!!!!

|  Very good doctor  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2010

I was extremely impressed with the care I received from Dr Cotton. He was very thorough and has a very good personality. I felt that he actually cared about me and didn't feel that I was just another patient walking through his office. I was also impressed that he and not a nurse asked me about my past medical history.

|  show details
Feb 18th, 2009

Cotton was arrogant and condescending. Despite medical journal literature to the contrary, he dismissed weather as migraine trigger. He would not consider alternative migraine medications that were new to the market. His major recommendation was to "walk 45 minutes every day" irrespective of the weather. A second opinion from another neurologist yielded much different results. She was far more current on recent research.