A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Thompson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thompson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Thompson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Thompson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Pain
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from University of Arizona, Tucson. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Thompson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Northwest Medical Center - Tucson
- Tucson Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Dale Thompson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 16 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Joel D. Thompson practice?
- Dr. Joel Thompson has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Thompson practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Tucson, AZ.
See Tucson Surgeons and Tucson Orthopedic Surgeons.