Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 8th, 2015

Dr. Thompson is a great doctor. After going to five different doctors, Dr Thompson was the only one who was able to help me. He told me I would need shoulder replacement surgery but before that would happen we would try other treatments. I'm happy to say that the treatments have helped me but in the future I will need the surgery but for now I'm pain free for the first time in four years. I'm able to us my arm. Reach above my head with no pain. I love Dr. Thompson.

by Kathy Margolis on Feb 4th, 2015

Dr Joel Thompson is an outstanding Orthopedic & Hand Surgeon

Dec 25th, 2014

This office has a very pleasant staff and you'll get your 15 minutes of diagnosis and recommendation from the surgeon but don't expect to ask many questions and be prepared to deal with his condescending attitude. I'm going elsewhere for a second opinion.

by Bea on Aug 22nd, 2014

Dr. Thompson was judgemental and insensitive. He made broad accusations about my condition without interviewing me about my history. He accused me (and therefore my doctor) of poor treatment for my chronic condition, and ultimately did not provide any treatment for the condition I was referred to him for. I had to walk out of his office after being kept waiting for an hour just for 10 minutes of his time due to his complete and utter unprofessionalism.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Oct 1st, 2013

He is a wonderful doctor who helped me with several issues including broken wrist. The only downside is that new office staff aren't very patient with patients. I'd recommend Dr Thompson any day.

Wham, Bam, Thank you Ma'am show details Wham, Bam, Thank you Ma'am
by Bertha on May 2nd, 2013

Came very highly recommended. Got me back to my life ASAP. Every time I reach for something above my head I am thankful.

Mrs show details Mrs
by Ruth A Coleman on Feb 5th, 2013

wonderful doctor. I trust his opinion. His bed side manner is outstanding. I rely on this doctor and an pleased I found him.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
Jun 11th, 2012

Anyone in pain understands how grateful a patient feels to meet a competent, caring physician. Dr. Thompson's reputation for excellence is well deserved and I would highly recommend him without reservations.

Best Ever show details Best Ever
Apr 24th, 2012

After being referred to Dr.Thompson by a specialist from Tucson Orthopedic I finally found the docter to perform my total shoulder replacment surgery.Dr.Thompson has relieved my pain that I have been dealing with for over 20 years.I highly recommend him to anyone who needs shoulder surgery.Also I live an hour and a half away from Tucson and do not mind the drive knowing the expert care I will recieve.

Got the best! show details Got the best!
Jan 9th, 2012

The story regarding my rotator cuff repair is a long saga indeed. However, the part I love to convey is that I finally located a physician, Joel Thompson, who has given me much confidence in his ability and my recovery. Also, I'd like to mention that I did see and confer with a few physicians along the way before choosing Thompson. I am now well into Physical Therapy and felt ready to leave some positive comments on this site.

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
Dec 2nd, 2011

Dr Thompson has done 3 wrist and repaired my rotator cuff. He is an excellent physician who is caring and always spends plenty of time with you.n I have recommended him to several of our patients.

Brilliant Surgeon, Great Bedside Manner, Best I've dealt with show details Brilliant Surgeon, Great Bedside Manner, Best I've dealt with
Oct 18th, 2011

I have had two hip replacements, one shoulder replacement and due for a second shoulder replacement. Generally speaking, orthopedists are a unique breed if they have any sort of good reputation, their offices are packed. I think the practice that Dr. Thompson is part of have an efficient and well run office and he is very much in demand.My shoulder replacement surgery was uneventful and Dr. Thompson's follow-up care was thorough and attentive. I have never seen such fine sutures that left virtually no scar. His bedside manner is upbeat and sometimes brutally honest - just the way I like it. I don't really like going to see doctors but I'm never apprehensive about my appointments with him.

Excellent hand surgeon show details Excellent hand surgeon
Feb 12th, 2011

Dr Thompson operated successfully on both thumbs following two failed surgeries from another surgeon. I now am pain-free with good range of motion, strength and mobility. He is caring, takes time to explain and answer questions. As an RN I highly recommend him. Also Tracy his assistant is very organized and helpful.