A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Dimsdale:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Dimsdale
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Dimsdale Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Dimsdale, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Psychosomatic Disorders
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Dimsdale graduated from Stanford University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Dimsdale has 1 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel E Dimsdale MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Joel E. Dimsdale practice?
- Dr. Joel Dimsdale has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Dimsdale practices Psychiatry near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Psychiatrists.