A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Dimsdale:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Dimsdale, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Psychosomatic Disorders
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Dimsdale graduated from Stanford University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Dimsdale has 1 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Dimsdale accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 78 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joel E. Dimsdale practice?
Dr. Joel Dimsdale practices Psychiatry near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Psychiatrists.