Dr. Joel Engelstein MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 20th, 2016
ACCOUNTANT
Dr. Engelstein is a great Dr. Friendly and professional. The staff is respectful. he performed my Mom 's cataract surgery with success. She can see well with the eye that had the surgery. I have friends who told me that they did the cataract surgery and their eyes are watery all the time. My mon did not experience that with Dr. Engelstein.

October 27th, 2014
Improvement
My last visit with Dr. Engelstein says to me that the negative reviews have been considered and I experienced a more hospitable environment from staff. Keep up the good work!

December 14th, 2013
Great doctor!
Dr. Engelstein performed my cataract surgery recently with great success. He was concerned about a possible problem in my retina (hard to see with a cataract in the way) so he referred me to a retinal specialist. He was calm and patient, always taking my concerns seriously.

October 5th, 2012
DO NOT GO!
I waited more than 3 hours! 3Hours! I had to work right after the apt so I was not even able to see the doctor in time!! After seeing the assistant, I told her I needed to be at work in an hour, so what does she do? She puts in drops in my eyes to dilate them! so I told her I had to hurry, so she adds more! (Thats not how medicine works but ok!?) After all that she tells me the doctor wont be able to see me and that the dilation wont wear off until much later! Now I have to go to work and I cant even see... Horrible Horrible experience. Will never go there again, Im advising everyone to not go there!

May 2nd, 2012
Unethical, Illogical, and Insulting
That's all I have to say about this person who calls himself a physician. I would rather have my dog's veterinarian work on my eye than this individual.

October 11th, 2011
Couldn't even see the Dr.
I called to be seen on advice of a Dr. because of an eye infection that was not healing and was extremely painful. I was told to come in. There were only a few people in the office at the time of my arrival. I was in obvious tremendous pain. Then I sat for almost an hour waiting while 5 new patients came in and were seen. When my wife nicely asked how long it would be she got a snippy answer. I don't know how good this Dr. is but I would not trust my eyes to that office

May 3rd, 2011
Staff rude and unprofessional...I almost left before being seen.
When I arrived at the front desk I was completely ignored and stood there waiting while the 3 women "working" held a personal conversation. I finally said I was there for an appt. and one person shoved a clipboard at me and very rudely said "well you need to fill this out"...which I had done before my appt. (had she bothered to ask). She then proceeded to talk to me like I was an idiot. All I did was show up (early) for a scheduled appt...I cancelled my follow up appt. because I didn't want to subject myself again to this treatment. I will say the 2 technicians there were great though.

January 26th, 2010
Not all office staff is bad
I felt compelled to write this review after going to Dr. Englestein's office and reading the prior poor review of his staff. As with any group of people you have some that are better than others. I had no strong opinion of his reception area staff, positive or negative. He has one exceptional technician (I believe her name is Jennifer). She was interested and polite, but firm. I also thought his surgery scheduler was very helpful. I have only had one appointment and one phone call with Dr. Engelstein, but like him very much.

March 23rd, 2009
Rude, unprofessional staff at Rodman, Engelstein and Gutmark
After calling to schedule a contact lens fitting with Rodman, Engelstein and Gutmark I realized that the receptionist had actually scheduled me for an eye exam, and that the lady who does contact lens fittings was not even available on that day. When I rescheduled my lens appointment, I arrived at the office only to be told that the woman was sick. I rescheduled for a few days later and called the night before to confirm that the woman had returned from sick leave--she was back, they said (and they even called me back an hour later with a "reminder of my appointment"). When I went in the next day, I was told that she was sick, and I would have to reschedule once again. At this point I started looking for other doctors, and when I found one, I called R, E & G to request that they fax my file to the new doctor. The incredibly rude girl on the phone told me that they "do not fax" and that a request for my file would have to be made "in writing" 48 hours in advance, WITH a fee. When I asked what the fee was, she would not tell me. Overall I would never return to an office with such unprofessional and frankly obnoxious people working at the reception desk. The doctor was friendly but as a patient I feel disrespected and manipulated--I highly recommend finding another doctor if you can.

August 8th, 2016