Dr. Joel Fieldman MD Patient Reviews

• 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

July 3rd, 2014
Caring, Precise and thorough
Dr feildman administer the medication for me during an I house surgical procedure. From before I was "put under" he enquired thoroughly about my experience with pain medication,anesthesia and allergies to medication. He repeatedly asked me if I was allergic to aspirin, just to make sure he didn't administer anything dangerous. He also asked about my surgery history and whether I had pain medication during the delivery of my child to get a better picture of my pain tolerance. He started me off low and slowly increased the dosage. But more importantly, he tried to calm my raging nerves by just talking to me. Talking to me about his kids, where he was from, etc. This was all intentional as he did that the calmer I was, the less medication he would need to give me- ultimately the better for me overall. I went in for a surgery I've been terrified of for nearly all my life- and I came out of it never having a better rest! Needless to say, he was used by one the best drs I've ever encountered- dr Galina Karpenko, and like obviously finds like. I don't know what the previous review went on about. My copay was $40 and dr fieldman almost seemed shy to ask for it. All in all, an amazing dr that really makes a difference in a patients surgical experience.