Joel Fuhrman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 6th, 2016
avid fan of Dr. Fuhrman's book, Eat to Live
I've gone totally by his book, Eat to Live & a few e-mails I've received. I have an advantage over a lot of people cause I love almost all veggies; love beans & mushrooms; vinegar & lemon juice so I'M WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME...READ THE ENTIRE BOOK!! BEST advice he gives....he covers EVERYTHING....YOU CAN "tweak" YOUR PLAN TO FIT YOUR TASTES....(within limits, of course) HE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE....especially my ENERGY!!!

September 11th, 2015
Great results
Dr Benson gave a thorough exam paying special attention to my diet and lifestyle. They have a natural approach to resolving your issues and don't push supplements or memberships. After the initial visit, the doctor follows up to discuss blood work results. I'm very pleased with my results. Dr Benson takes the time to follow up via email to discuss any other concerns you may have. I highly recommend their practice. The information available on current medical issues is extremely valuable

June 21st, 2013
Very professional and inspiring!
Dr. Fuhrman spent over an hour with me and customized a diet for me. I have been suffering for ears with stomach pains from IBS and I now feel better than ever before. I can't thank Dr. Fuhrman enough! He is a kind and compassionate doctor!

August 26th, 2012
I believe in Dr. Furhman's mission, however he is a rude, arrogant man who is constantly pushing buying more merchandise and memberships. I would not recommend him.

August 22nd, 2012
Waste of Time and Money & MADE ME WORSE!
I was 5'2" and weighed 87 pounds at the time, and had a myriad of symptoms. My friend who drove me was badgered to make an appointment, while being told that she should really do something about her weight! I left their office with a piece of paper for a 6-week plan, and I found this same 6-week plan in their Eat to Live book ( 2003) in Chapter 8, Your Plan for Substantial Weight Reduction on page 179. I had to call them, to get test results, which the lab had sent a week before. Dr Fuhrman told me the tests indicated that nothing was wrong. A month later, my primary doctor asked for copies of these test results, which actually indicated that I had full blown pnuemonia, and a virus with extremely high numbers! Thankfully, I had anemia at the time, and could not lift much; otherwise, I would have ruptured my spleen! When I called for a refund, they never acknowledged my letters, and never returned my call, and instead, slandered me behind my back to other patients!

November 11th, 2011
Dr. Fuhrman is Rude and Arrogant
And his staff is awful! This doctor only cares about his bottom line. Just take a look at his website - it's a Joel Fuhrman infomercial.

July 18th, 2010
Simply Excellent.
Dr. Fuhrman is an excellent practitioner, one who 1) LISTENS to his patients 2) TRIES TO CURE THEM - NOT just tell them to swallow a pill or have surgery!!! Although he does prescribe as needed, his primary treatment is through people's food intake. Through books and publications, he convincingly presents science that supports a plant-based lifestyle, one that is rich in micronutrients, vitamins, phytochemicals and antioxidants, is one that can eliminate many of the common disease we face as Americans. He's finally a doctor that thinks outside the box, and isn't a slave to the pharmaceutical industry!!

March 9th, 2009
He's the worst
He's rude and arrogant. He treated my feelings with total disregard. He is obviously in for the money. I was charged over $700 in cash and was only told to eat fruits and vegetables.

April 16th, 2017