Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

3.0

Very professional and inspiring! show details Very professional and inspiring!
by Sharon on Jun 21st, 2013

Dr. Fuhrman spent over an hour with me and customized a diet for me. I have been suffering for ears with stomach pains from IBS and I now feel better than ever before. I can't thank Dr. Fuhrman enough! He is a kind and compassionate doctor!

Aug 25th, 2012

I believe in Dr. Furhman's mission, however he is a rude, arrogant man who is constantly pushing buying more merchandise and memberships. I would not recommend him.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Waste of Time and Money & MADE ME WORSE! show details Waste of Time and Money & MADE ME WORSE!
Aug 22nd, 2012

I was 5'2" and weighed 87 pounds at the time, and had a myriad of symptoms. My friend who drove me was badgered to make an appointment, while being told that she should really do something about her weight! I left their office with a piece of paper for a 6-week plan, and I found this same 6-week plan in their Eat to Live book ( 2003) in Chapter 8, Your Plan for Substantial Weight Reduction on page 179. I had to call them, to get test results, which the lab had sent a week before. Dr Fuhrman told me the tests indicated that nothing was wrong. A month later, my primary doctor asked for copies of these test results, which actually indicated that I had full blown pnuemonia, and a virus with extremely high numbers! Thankfully, I had anemia at the time, and could not lift much; otherwise, I would have ruptured my spleen! When I called for a refund, they never acknowledged my letters, and never returned my call, and instead, slandered me behind my back to other patients!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Dr. Fuhrman is Rude and Arrogant show details Dr. Fuhrman is Rude and Arrogant
Nov 11th, 2011

And his staff is awful! This doctor only cares about his bottom line. Just take a look at his website - it's a Joel Fuhrman infomercial.

Simply Excellent. show details Simply Excellent.
by Joseph Rodriguez on Jul 18th, 2010

Dr. Fuhrman is an excellent practitioner, one who 1) LISTENS to his patients 2) TRIES TO CURE THEM - NOT just tell them to swallow a pill or have surgery!!! Although he does prescribe as needed, his primary treatment is through people's food intake. Through books and publications, he convincingly presents science that supports a plant-based lifestyle, one that is rich in micronutrients, vitamins, phytochemicals and antioxidants, is one that can eliminate many of the common disease we face as Americans. He's finally a doctor that thinks outside the box, and isn't a slave to the pharmaceutical industry!!

He's the worst show details He's the worst
Mar 9th, 2009

He's rude and arrogant. He treated my feelings with total disregard. He is obviously in for the money. I was charged over $700 in cash and was only told to eat fruits and vegetables.

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse