May 20th, 2016
everything as I expected .Friendly,professional and modest.
Doctor's Response

Raja, Thank you for taking the time to post a review here. I appreciate it greatly and look forward to working with you!

October 22nd, 2015
Jewel of tucson!
Dr. Joel funk is in fact the jewel of doctors, and i call him the jewel of Tucson. Capable, professional and extremely expert in his field of expertise
Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for the kind review. It is most appreciated!

September 30th, 2015
Appts, imppossible
Dr. made a comment to me, about my pain in the growing , comparing to his shoe fitting thight. I am sorry but feeling like you have been kicked in the growing everyday, does not compre to a shoe being uncomfortable.
Doctor's Response

Mr Soto, I am deeply sorry that you felt I was making light of your pain, your problem, or your situation. It is NEVER my intention for a patient to feel belittled in my practice. My analogy about my shoe is to try to draw a parallel to convey the relationship between sensory input and cognitive awareness of muscle tension and kinesthetic condition. I have a large component of my practice that experiences groin pain, pelvic and genital pain and often times the analogy is illustrative of how the nervous system works to affect our perception of pain and pathology. If there is anything I can do to help you further please feel free to reach out to me through email at my published university of Arizona or Banner Health email.

February 26th, 2014
Excellent Doctor!
This was my first visit to an urologist. I found Dr. Funk to be most courteous, professional, knowledgeable and detailed in searching for the cause of my problem. He put me at ease immediately. He also has an outstanding physicians assistant.
Doctor's Response

Suzanne, You are correct. I have an incredible assistant in Rosa Garcia. She is irreplaceable. Thank you for your kind review and hoping we are meeting your needs as our patient!

August 9th, 2013
Wonderful doctor!
Dr. Funk has kept me cancer free for two and a half years now. He is very empathetic with his patients and has a great bedside manner. He never rushes through my visits and answers all questions and explains everything to me. I would highly recommend him.
Doctor's Response

Pat, You and your husband are a joy to have as patients. Thank you so much for the confidence and kind words!

July 31st, 2012
good guy
2 visitswith Dr funk. He is the 3rd urologist I have seen over the last 25 yrs and I recommend him. He is pleasant and patient. He seemed truly interested and concerned about my issue........this kind of visit can be awkward but he put me at ease.
Doctor's Response

We deal with very personal and often times embarrassing topics in Urology. Thank you for the kind words. I try to treat all of my patients with the respect and kindness we all deserve as humans!

March 18th, 2009
dR. FUNK is a courteous and caring physician. My husband has had the pleasure of being his patient. Dr. is good to explain the diagnosis and treatment needed and is very professional in the care and treatment he has given him.
Doctor's Response

Thank you Janet for your kind comments. My number one goal is my patients' results and satisfaction with their treatment. I think it is incumbent upon me as a surgeon and physician to fully and thoroughly explain all treatment options available and to help you in the decision making process. Ultimately my patients are trusting me and my training and experience, but I feel strongly that patient education is paramount to good outcomes.