worst Dr in Colorado show details worst Dr in Colorado
Apr 24th, 2014

worst Dr I have the misfortune of ever seeing. Would not let my dog be seen by him.

Rude, Crude, Good Ol' Boy Network Doctor show details Rude, Crude, Good Ol' Boy Network Doctor
Oct 19th, 2013

Joel Gates is one of the old fashioned MD's who thinks he's standing in for God Himself. Very controlling, rude, condescending, heartless, and mired in those old archaic ways of "practicing medicine" instead of promoting and teaching wellness. He knows nothing about and actually mocks the principals behind integrative/functional medical care (a true dinosaur in the field of medicine). He put my husband's health in jeopardy in an attempt to control how my husband chose to conduct his own medical care. In such a supposedly progressive, health minded little community, I'm shocked that there aren't wellness minded, proactive physicians in Ridgway. This lack of excellent medical wellness care is a very difficult to deal with situation that I didn't discover until after I moved here.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
May 30th, 2012

Whole family loves Dr Joel. Great bedside manner; caring and kind. Talks directly to children before asking parent about them. Makes all feel good. Excellent follow up via phone or return visit. Besides being a good doctor, just a nice guy.

what- lost your insurance??!! show details what- lost your insurance??!!
Jan 23rd, 2011

He was a great doc speant lots of time with my complex health issues. We lost our insurance and he got not so caring. i applied for medicaid and then when that time elapsedwith no answer, i got a lawyer to get my medicaid. I added up where he made OVER 56 K in the 12 prior months off insurance, yet on cash pay he is short and I have been threatened to be let go unless we can come up with half my 2000 dollar bill. there are 11 in my family, 5 with insurance, and rest of us will have caid soon- but meanwhile self pay he is not nice as was, blows me off when I try to talk to him, he used to take up to 2 hours with me if needed. I just thought he was a refreshing different dr. I was wrong, money driven as the rest of dr i ever went to see. I can't wait to get on medicaid just to show him the diference if he will listen

curing it with laughter show details curing it with laughter
by CMAC on Jul 27th, 2010

Not only an excellent physician, but an exceptional human being.

CowPooh show details CowPooh
Apr 2nd, 2009

Dr. Gates has always been the most sincere caring doctor I have ever been to. He does not push medicines and if he thinks you are becoming dependent he will no longer let you take them to prevent addiction. He is the most awesome thoughtful and kind doctor I recommend him to everyone I know.