A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Gelfand is Satisfactory. Dr. Gelfand has been reviewed by 1 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 2 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Gelfand, MD, MSCE is board certified in Dermatology.
He has special expertise in 19 Areas, including Acne Acne Vulgaris, Atopic Dermatitis, and Baldness Alopecia.16 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Gelfand graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Gelfand has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gelfand accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Joel Gelfand:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joel M. Gelfand practice?
Dr. Joel Gelfand practices Dermatology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Wayne, PA and Radnor, PA.
See Philadelphia Dermatologists.