• 32 reviews

August 20th, 2016
One of the best doctors whom I have ever had the pleasure of receiving treatment from.

April 26th, 2016
Dr. Gelman is truly a unique doctor when dealing with his patience. I personally got a call from him before my visit to enquire in detail about my medical issues.

April 19th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Gelman gave me my life back. He is truly the very best! I would give him 5 stars in all areas. Shalom!

February 1st, 2016
I'm so grateful to Dr. Gelman and to his staff and the hospital for the excellent care and treatment I received. I was diagnosed with a urethral stricture by my own urologist and he suggested that I seek treatment from Dr. Gelman. Dr. Gelman was out of my insurance network but his assistant Denise was amazing about following up with insurance and helping me to finally get authorization to see Dr. Gelman. After seeing Dr. Gelman and having several tests it was decided that surgery was the best option for me to correct my stricture and have the lowest chance of recurrence. The recovery was rough, which was to be expected, but Dr. Gelman did an amazing job and 4 months later I can't believe what a huge difference the surgery has made. Dr. Gelman and his staff helped to change my life for the better and I'm so glad that I was able to go to the best doctor, staff, and facility to have my surgery. I would recommend that anyone who needs reconstructive surgery to do whatever you can to try and go see Dr. Gelman, he's the best.

October 15th, 2015
Literally the best medical experience I have ever had. Very complex surgery made less scary by this wonderful doctor and staff.

March 9th, 2015
Dr. Gelman fixes mistakes that other doctors do.

February 26th, 2015
Urethral Stricture and subsequent Urethroplasty
I have had a life virtually free of medical issues, so this was my first surgery and major medical experience. In short, I will say two things about my experience for anyone that has been diagnosed with a urethral stricture and have thought about surgery to correct it: 1) Do it and 2) fly across the planet if you have to so to have Dr. Gelman do the procedure. I attest to everything he mentions on his website pertaining to this procedure, especially the night and day improvement. It wasn't a fun experience, but I'd go through it all over again for the results if I had to. And, Dr. Gelman is the specialist to goto, no question about it. There are good doctors, bad doctors, and everything in between but I'd place him above the scale at "great". Dr. Gelman and his office answered all of my questions, and really prepared me well with information before the procedure. And when it comes to a cystoscopy, I've had one before from another urologist and it was quite uncomfortable. But with Dr. Gelman, I've had two now and believe it or not it's virtually painless, you hardly feel a thing.

January 19th, 2015
Excellent doctor
He is an exceptional doctor. I highly recommend him for patients with urethral strictures.

December 18th, 2014
He is Nice guy but he is not so good Dr.

January 12th, 2014
A Medical Experience that Raises the Bar
First off I am afraid of any kind of surgical procedure and not a fan of hospitals. My experience with Dr Gelman, Denise, and his staff was the best I've ever had. I had a surgery when I was a young kid and it created a stricture within my urethra making it difficult to urinate. Due to my fear of a 2nd surgery I worked around the issue for over 25 years. I finally found Dr Gelman and he is the reason that I chose to go through 2 additional surgeries to correct the problem. These surgeries exceeded my expectation and changed my life for the better. The reason Dr Gelman is amazing is the quality of his work, care, and attention to detail. For me that was the most important. However in addition, Dr Gelman and his staff surprisingly made the entire experience "pain free". My expectation of reconstructive surgery and memories of my first surgery as a child was that pain would be involved. Dr Gelman's staff is incredible starting with Denise. Throughout all of my appointments, Dr Gelman and his staff were always on time and thorough. Dr Gelman is honest and sets the appropriate expectations. I give Dr Gelman and his staff my highest recommendation. The reconstructive surgery he performed changed my life! I feel so lucky to have found him. I wish every doctor performed at the same level as Dr Gelman. He is the benchmark for the best in the medical field.

December 12th, 2013
Improved quality of life !
I was born with severe hypospadius. I had multiple surgeries up to my 20th birthday. The ending result was a urethral stricture. I have suffered from this urethral stricture for over 25 years. My voiding was horrible. Extremely weak stream. I could never empty my bladder. I had to run to the bathroom everything 30 minutes. When I went out I always had to know where a bathroom was. Straining my bladder trying to push the urine through the stricture. I found a self proclaimed urethral structural specialist in NJ. All he would do is dialate my urethra causing me more complications, infections, septic blood infections with IV antibiotics with long hospital stays. I told myself I suffered enough! I searched the web and found Dr. Gelman. I emailed Dr. Gelman. He called me and we spoke for almost an hour. I explained my situation. Dr. Gelman felt confident he could help me. I flew out to California and was evaluated by Dr. Gelman. Dr. Gelman explained the 2 stage operations for urethroplasty reconstruction repair. I'm 5 months post op 2nd stage surgery. I urinate amazingly. My steam is Strong. Dr. Gelman ended my suffering. Dr. Gelman improved my quality of life. I can never thank Dr. Gelman enough. I highly recommend if you, or a Loved one is suffering, from a urethral problem, please contact Dr. Gelman. Do not let another surgeon operate / experiment/ practice on you.

November 5th, 2013
The best!
In the spring of 2013, I acquired a bladder neck contracture following robotic prostate surgery. My urologist’s approach to treatment included painful dilations of the bladder neck and trips to the emergency room when that didn’t work. I called Dr. Gelman for an evaluation. Following the evaluation Dr. Gelman explained that he wanted to perform a bladder neck incision. His confidence in the procedure gave me the trust that I needed to go forward. Two weeks later I had the surgery. Since the surgery, my bladder neck contracture has been cured without causing problems with incontinence. I feel that the cost of the surgery was reasonable and clearly explained to me. For these reasons, I would like to recommend Dr. Gelman and his staff to anyone who is having complications following prostate surgery. If you don’t feel confident in your doctor’s approach, give Dr. Gelman a call or leave him a message on his website. You won’t regret it.