A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Goodwin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Goodwin, General Surgery, Trauma, Critical Care is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Goodwin, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Benign and malignant diseases of the colon
- Complex hernia repairs
- Emergency surgery
- ICU care
- Thyroid surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Goodwin graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Goodwin has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Wake Med Raleigh Campus
- WakeMed Cary Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Sexton Goodwin MD is a male Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Trauma Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joel S. Goodwin practice?
- Dr. Joel Goodwin has 5 office locations.
Dr. Joel Goodwin practices Surgery and Trauma Surgery near Raleigh, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Fredericksburg, VA and Henderson, NC.
See Raleigh Surgeons.