Dr. Joel Griffith MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Bloomington, IN

2.5

February 21st, 2015
Very Positive
My time with Dr. Griffith was time well spent. His treatment of me was very intelligent and concise, and he seemed to very easily understand the primary issues of concern i was facing during both hospitalizations at Meadows; which made that juncture of life for me less uneasy and uncertain, and for that i remain quite appreciative. My favorite of all the mental health pros that i have seen by a long shot.

January 11th, 2015
Very Thankful
I give Dr Griffith the highest respect as a doctor. I have been hospitalized with him as my Doctor 3 time and I see him on an outpatient bases as well. As a nurse I can tell you that his bedside manner in amazing and he listens when you thing things aren't working as they should; particularly meds. He listens to my needs about my depression anxiety and PTSD and find a good combination of meds and therapy so I can function and live a normal life. I wouldn't see anyone else. I trust his judgement completely and am thankful to have a doctor and staff who treat mental illness as something REAL which it is.

September 13th, 2013
Patient
My experience with Dr. Griffith has been and continues to be very good. I find him to be attentive, kind and straight forward with his treatment. He is an extremely pleasant man, easy to talk to - I appreciate all of the help that he has given me

September 8th, 2012
Reported to the state board
Not only did he misdiagnosis me, he mistreated me in such a way that he was reported to the state board one of my HealthCare Providers because of his negligence in his treatment of me. I was lucky to leave alive.

December 6th, 2011
He treats addicts by giving them new drugs. A great example of the damage medicine is doing to its patients.

January 12th, 2011
Dropped my son "cold"
I was never completely satisfied with Dr. Griffith's care for my son (schizophrenia disorder). In general, though, care for people with his illness is not good -- maybe nationally; tis why we likely have incidents like the one in AZ this month. But what REALLY upset me was Dr. Griffith (or his office) dropping my son from care for missing two appointments in a year. Let me get this straight -- an MD treating patients for a mental illness who drops his patients for exhibiting behavior (forgetfulness, lack of focus, unreliability) that is consistent with their mental illness? No pun intended, but isn't this crazy? I thought it was something my son made-up to cover some other facet of his relationship with the doctor, but a call to the office confirmed that, indeed, this was EXACTLY the situation. I even got a post-parting lecture on the importance of keeping appointments due to financial efficacy and operations of the facility. While my son is now 21, it would have seemed the office might have contacted me (as holder of his insurance coverage) and alerted me to the problem and engaged me in trying to improve his ability to make the appointment. Wouldn't it seem reasonable to do so? And while his Mother stated that the office had 'made an exception' to keep my son as a patient when they stopped treating adolescents -- given he was now an adult, was that even a relevant consideration?But what is so damaging about this kind of tactic by a provider is that this office turned my ill son out and refused to continue to administer treatments (give him his shots ... which he did NOT miss). This is unconscionable in my view. And again, how would this have looked had this happened to a patient who then did something horrible? Not only a PR nightmare for Bloomington Hospital and indictment of the treatment of the mentally ill; but beyond that how does this align with Dr. Griffith's Hippocratic Oath?My son managed to find someone to give him the needed shot (I will not give details but suffice it to say it was rather 'underground' along the lines of a back-alley event you might envison from a Aldous Huxley novel), and he now has an appointment with another provider for future care. In the end, all 'office rules' and issues aside, it seems to me completely beyond belief that this doctor and this clinic of Bloomington Hospital could do such a thing.