A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Kaplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Kaplan is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kaplan
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kaplan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Kaplan, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaplan graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Kaplan has 2 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
- Franklin Hosp Med Ctr, Valley Stream, Ny
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Howard Kaplan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 49 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Joel H. Kaplan practice?
- Dr. Joel Kaplan has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Kaplan practices Psychiatry near Woodmere, NY.
See Woodmere Psychiatrists.