Dr. Joel Kaplan Is this you?

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Joel Kaplan?

1 Rating with 1 Comment

August 10th, 2013

Breaches Confidentiality-and doesn't see anything wrong with doing so.

Dr. Kaplan is a psychiatrist who breaches confidentiality on a regular basis. I discovered this when his wife approached me in Synagogue, and put her hand on my arm. I was not socially acquainted with Mrs. Kaplan. When I asked Dr. Kaplan about this, he said "I discuss all my cases with my Family at the Sabbath Table. He said this included first and LAST Names. Dr. Kaplan treats numerous patients from his own Synagogue, which makes such breaches even more egregious as his family is likely to know the patients whom he treats for psychiatric conditions. Dr. Kaplan went on to say"You have NOTHING TO FEAR from the Kaplan Family." In other words, Dr. Kaplan, who is legally bound by professional confidentiality, breaches confidentiality on a regular basis, but his wife and children, who are not bound by confidentiality,according to Dr. Kaplan will keep confidentiality, while the Dr. who is legally bound by confidentiality is not. I ran into my next door neighbor at his office. He TOLD ME HER DIAGNOSIS ! Dr. Kaplan also has quite a temper.He readily admitted to this. But I think the fact that he breaches confidentiality is enough reason to avoid this psychiatrist.