A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Hurt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Hurt, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hurt
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Hurt Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Hurt, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. Hurt graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Hurt has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Seton Northwest Hospital
- Texas Orthopedics Surgery Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel H Hurt MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Joel H. Hurt practice?
- Dr. Joel Hurt has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Hurt practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Austin, TX.
See Austin Surgeons.