A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Hurt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Hurt, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hurt
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Hurt Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Hurt, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. Hurt graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Hurt has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Seton Northwest Hospital
- Texas Orthopedics Surgery Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel H Hurt MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Joel H. Hurt practice?
- Dr. Joel Hurt has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Hurt practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Austin, TX.
See Austin Orthopedic Surgeons and Austin Surgeons.