Dr. Joel Johns MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

May 14th, 2016
Dr. Johns is a very intelligent and caring doctor. I was very impressed by his bedside manner. He took the time to truly listen to me and review my medical history to properly take care of me. If you are looking for a great healthcare provider, I recommend Dr. Johns.

April 25th, 2016
I only gave Dr. Johns one start because ZERO stars was not an option. I do not recommend ever seeing this doctor unless you are interested in dying.

April 22nd, 2016
EXCELENT PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR!
I went to Dr. Johns for short term memory loss. He is very professional, ordered various medical test and brain MRI that I needed. He took the time to show me the brain scan slice by slice pointing out the abnormal spots on each slice. I am glade I made him my primary care doctor. I highly recommend to everyone for their Primary Care Doctor'

October 16th, 2015
Dr. Johns is great
I once shared a house with Dr. Johns and he was always very helpful when I needed to find a bandaid. He was also good at staying up all night studying for his exams!

April 7th, 2014
We were on vacation and passing through Cullman AL. when my husband became very ill. We went to Cullman Regional Medical Center where Dr Johns became his Doctor. Dr Johns is a very intelligent and knowlegable and also a very kind man. He works some amazing hours as is testiment to his caring and being a very good Doctor. He is a very pleasant, kind and thoughtful person. He takes time to speak with you and make you feel at ease. He is overall what anyone would want in a top notch doctor. We were so fortunate to have him as my husband's doctor.

February 4th, 2014
Excellent Physician: Intelligent, Knowledgeable, Thorough, Thoughtful, Personable, and Dedicated
Dr. Johns is intelligent, knowledgeable, and thorough. He wants to understand, and puts a lot of thought into, the how and why of your illness in order to prevent further recurrences rather than just treat your symptoms and send you on your way. Works some incredible hours as a hospitalist out of his dedication to his patients and being a good doctor to them. Is patient and caring--takes the time to explain and to ask and answer as many questions as he needs to. A generally kind, thoughtful, and pleasant person with a good bedside manner. Smiles easily and laughs readily.

October 25th, 2016
uncontrolled BP, he came off his stool as a mad man, had never seen doc with bebave in such a barbaric manner, He shouted at me in a very angry tone voice, "THIS VISIT IS OVER"! Which the visit had not really started. He came over to my chair, reached out as if he was going to grab my hand and drag me out of the chair. I went ito total shock for a period of time, had never been treated so harshly. I finally come out of shock enough to get out the chair and he walked to the side of me as if he was excorting me to the door. Which he did open the front door, extened his right arm and had motioning for me to get out of his office. Which I did, after telling him I was not paying for that "so called" visit. I am a 66 yr. old female, and still dealing with the death of my husband which I had mentioned briefly, I said nothing more, He never said nothting at all. My personal thought was, "I assume he peferred young girls over an old woman". Also, I think he did his ugly performance to me for the little younger girls. Wonder if he could be having an afffair with one of them. Passing by his office, there are never any cars in his parking lot. That is a red flag for others,, I did turn him into Alabama Medical Examiners. I got a letter back from Alabama Medical Examiners. Reading the letter, this Joel Johns just flat lied! I call his office, told them I wanted my medical records. I went and got them that day. Reading it, it was partically true, but, in conclusion of what he put on my medical records, he flat lied about me, and, worded it to make himself look like the angel. He was nothing more than an incompent flat out liar. I would not recommend caring any kind of varmit to him. I would never be alone in a room with this crazy bozo every again. I would rather die than have anywhere near me. I thank God, He saved me from this crazy man. He should have his license pulled.

October 19th, 2016