Dr. Joel Klein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

April 26th, 2012
Worse doctor I ever went to
I thought that going to a holistic doctor, that I would receive great care. Sure Dr. Klein used alternative methods, but they did not work in my case. I asked him to do blood work on me (I felt that my hormones were out of whack) and he told me that blood tests for hormones were inaccurate. One visit, I was literally having a melt down and he told me that I just needed to learn how to breathe correctly.I had just lost my job, my thyroid was shutting down and my adrenals were exhausted. Not once did he even try to find out what was wrong with me. He loaded me up with supplements and AMBIEN to help me sleep. Unfortunately, the ambien gave me such suicidal thoughts that I went off of them on my own and decided to get a new doctor. After a couple of failed attempts with holistic doctors in colorado springs, I finally found one that listened to me. I found out that I have hashimotos, and adrenal disease. This was my issues all along, but Klein is so arrogant and unwilling to listen to his patients, that I ended up suffering for quite some time. He made me feel like I was a whining psychotic.

April 28th, 2011
Only a Pill Pusher
Dr. Klein had my blood work taken after our first appt. He then prescribed multiple medications, including daily shots of a growth hormone. In the eight months I remained under his care he never had my blood levels taken after the initial time. As I proceeded to get worse and worse, having life-threatening symptoms of passing out, severely low blood pressure, and rapid heart rate he never once examined me, re-checked my blood levels or modified my medications. It was only after an extreme incident of fainting and rapid heart rate that another physician told me I was a breath away from a stroke,took me off all medications and began treating me in a way that helped instead of harmed.I do not think this man should, in any way, be practicing medicine.

January 3rd, 2011
Very personal care
The staff was very friendly and courteous. Dr. Klein took the time to listen and answered all my questions. His office even followed up with a phone call to make sure everything was going fine with my new medication.