Dr. Joel Klein Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Joel Klein?

Worse doctor I ever went to

Posted on April 26th, 2012

I thought that going to a holistic doctor, that I would receive great care. Sure Dr. Klein used alternative methods, but they did not work in my case. I asked him to do blood work on me (I felt that my hormones were out of whack) and he told me that blood tests for hormones were inaccurate. One visit, I was literally having a melt down and he told me that I just needed to learn how to breathe correctly.I had just lost my job, my thyroid was shutting down and my adrenals were exhausted. Not once did he even try to find out what was wrong with me. He loaded me up with supplements and AMBIEN to help me sleep. Unfortunately, the ambien gave me such suicidal thoughts that I went off of them on my own and decided to get a new doctor. After a couple of failed attempts with holistic doctors in colorado springs, I finally found one that listened to me. I found out that I have hashimotos, and adrenal disease. This was my issues all along, but Klein is so arrogant and unwilling to listen to his patients, that I ended up suffering for quite some time. He made me feel like I was a whining psychotic.

Only a Pill Pusher

Posted on April 28th, 2011

Dr. Klein had my blood work taken after our first appt. He then prescribed multiple medications, including daily shots of a growth hormone. In the eight months I remained under his care he never had my blood levels taken after the initial time. As I proceeded to get worse and worse, having life-threatening symptoms of passing out, severely low blood pressure, and rapid heart rate he never once examined me, re-checked my blood levels or modified my medications. It was only after an extreme incident of fainting and rapid heart rate that another physician told me I was a breath away from a stroke,took me off all medications and began treating me in a way that helped instead of harmed.I do not think this man should, in any way, be practicing medicine.

Doctor's Response

I am very surprised by this comment. It certainly doesn't fit with the one below, does it? I do not recall anyone giving me any feedback through my practice of such a thing occurring and, if I had, immediate action would have been taken. The only possible explanation is that this person may have been under my care through another company in town for which I acted as a medical consultant providing anti-aging hormone replacement regimens, and not through my regular practice. Because of problems with appropriate clinical follow-up that were engendered through this work due to the limitations of this company, this practice was ceased in the Fall of 2010 and I now longer provide "anti-aging" therapy but instead work to maximize health through more natural means. I only use hormones for those patients with significant symptoms despite proper nutritional, herbal, and/or homeopathic treatment while looking at stress issues. I regret that this patient had such a negative experience but I do not think he has any ability to pass judgment as to whether or not I should be practicing medicine. I can, and would be happy to, provide hundreds of testimonials from patients who were able to finally get help, despite having seen numerous physicians before me without success, which would strongly refute his claim. Some of these will be posted on my web site in the very near future.

Very personal care

Posted on January 3rd, 2011

The staff was very friendly and courteous. Dr. Klein took the time to listen and answered all my questions. His office even followed up with a phone call to make sure everything was going fine with my new medication.

Posted on February 25th, 2017