Dr. Joel Konikow MD Patient Reviews

2.1

• Good
  • Bad

May 6th, 2017
Without a doubt, the worst experience bar non. Dr Konikow either needs to do the public a huge favor and retire. He should have been a vet so he wouldn't have to deal with pDon't take my word, just read all the comments written about him. He is incredibly rude, argumentative, a desire to be correct and will not listen.

April 5th, 2017
It's been years since I last saw Dr Konikow, but my anger hasn't left me. He is a terrible Dr. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. He needs to retire and get out of medicine. I wish I could make it my life's mission that he never sees another patient. He does more harm than good. He claims to be a pain Dr. He should have gone into research so he doesn't have to deal with people. Terrible Dr.

January 26th, 2017
Worst Physician I've ever been to in my life!
Dr. Joel Konikow is rude, arrogant, ill mannered, and uninformed. He didn't appear to listen to anything I had to say, and was completely unfamiliar with both my medical issues despite the fact I sent him my surgical records weeks before my appointment. In fact, he denied receiving my records, and I had to demand that he show me my paper work where I pulled out the records I'd sent him. He than told me that there was no record of one of the surgeries I had (which he had the surgical report in his hand) on his EMR system. Suddenly while I was sitting there my record from the other hospital miraculously showed up. I would never, ever recommend this physician to any patient unless they wanted to feel less than human. His treatment of me was inhumane, uncaring, and beyond rude. When I finally got to my car I sobbed as I've never been treated so poorly my a doctor in my life. As a side note I work in the medical field, and I'm married to a physician - ironic maybe, but Konikow even knew my husband and still treated me like a second class citizen. He needs to retire as he damages those that he sees with his arrogant and uncaring demeanor.

January 4th, 2017
What a jerk. Next.
Rude. Doesn't listen. Pushes pills without taking the time to understand previous efforts. Literally made me cry TWICE.

November 8th, 2016
Terrible doctor, passive-aggressive
The worst doctor I've ever seen in my life. Extremely arrogant and passive-aggressive. I highly recommend to avoid him.

June 27th, 2016
Unstable, rather frighteningly so!
Dr. Konikow did not seem inclined to be interested in the observations or ideas I as the patient attempted to express, he is very formatted and gets very agitated when I, unknowingly, would ask or address something before he was ready. He spent much time going over his note dictation, he uses Dragon and he would have to go back and correct it several times before we started the appointment, I learned to just wait quietly. He does not like to answer questions, I can only speculate given his mannerism that he found my questions beneath him. He is disturbingly fragile, as in when I would take to long contemplating an answer for him he would get snotty. This really is an unpleasant, insensitive and rigid doctor, and his ego tends to be more important to him than patient care.

June 7th, 2016
Rude and unprofessional
Very poor at posing clear questions, rudely interrupted me when I tried to answer them. Did not explain himself well at all. The words that kept to mind throughout the visit were, "this guy is a real jerk." Once he gave a diagnosis he didn't provide any information on how to treat it. After I politely asked twice how we would proceed, he stated that it sounded like I was challenging him. No, doctor, I'm asking you to do your job. I still did not get a good sense of a treatment plan. When it became obvious that I was not inclined to make a return appointment, he tried to make it sound like he was the only doctor who could treat me and I was doing myself a disservice. I would be doing myself a disservice if I subjected myself to this man's unprofessional treatment again.

May 9th, 2016
Dr konikow was dismissive, argumentative, accusatory and arrogant. He made me feel very uncomfortable as if I was on trial. When I stated I didn't feel comfortable with the way he was speaking to me he shut down the appointment almost immediately. He was very unprofessional and discourteous. I do not recommend seeing him in any capacity.

May 2nd, 2016
My first appointment with Dr. Konicow (pronounced Konico) was very good, we both spoke. My 2nd appointment was difficult. I really didn't get to talk. I was thinking of not returning due to that fact. I decided that maybe he was having a rough day etc and I would give him the benefit of the doubt and go forward. My 3rd appointment went smoothly and I realized he does know his stuff. And actually he does listen and actually does what to help you in a manner that works for you. And we had a thoughtful exchange. I will continue to see him.

February 6th, 2016
Terrible, rude and arrogant.

January 22nd, 2016
As most others have written, this man is not cut out to see patients. It is time he retire. Whack job! He will lull you in and pretend to care about you as the patient. It's all bull. I am a former patient that took way too long to get the hint and leave his practice.

October 9th, 2015
A frightening Doctor
This is a Doctor on the edge he has become increasingly abusive emotional and verbaly, I personally am done . After informing I was reporting is abusive behavior he then threatened to withhold meds and clinic care if I talked to his clinic manager. I reported him anyways, I don't have much faith in the process as Sally the clinic manager is bothered by my questions in regards to Dr. KONIKOWS treatment of me, meaning she's tired of dealing with it. I've talked to her twice only,so obviously she is not cut out to care overly much about investigating when patients are injured by one of her Doctors. Stay far away from Konikow and Swedish pain clinic, the latter has a Better Business Bureau D rating. If only I'd know. Now hopefully some of you are forewarned.