Dr. Joel Kragt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 6th, 2015
Made me uncomfortable
I only went to him twice, but oh did he make me uncomfortable. He would ask me a question and then just stare at me after I answered. Made me feel like I wasn't answering right. Not for me.

June 8th, 2015
He is fantastic.

February 8th, 2015
Been going to Dr. Kragt for a while. He's the best! Very calm, relaxed and reassuring. Great bedside manner and expertise. Recommend him highly!

February 2nd, 2015
He has been my doctor for several years. I recommend him.

January 1st, 2012
Stay Away from Metrodocs!
We only switched to Metrodocs because we followed our son's doctor from Advocate. It was a big mistake! Over the 8 years we stayed with Metrodocs, most of the doctors left for one reason or another. All I can say is, the turnover was very telling. We switched around from one doctor to the next in the practice as each one left, some in very strange ways, and then we ended up with Dr. Kragt.Dr. Kragt is one good salesman, and it shows how this practice is focused on making money and not its patients. My family of four was pretty much sick for an entire year, with one thing after another. Each time we came in we were treating the symptoms and not the disease. My husband is a great case in point as to why you should avoid this practice and search for quality care elsewhere.After numerous visits to Metrodocs and seeing Dr. Kragt, my husband who had been very ill for 6 months was pretty much diagnosed with what everyone else had been coming to the practice and being seen for...viruses, walking pneumonia, etc. During that time, he remained sick and worsening without any BLOOD TESTS ordered, or referrals. NOTHING!Finally, I had enough of it and decided to talk to our son's allergist. This was the best move, because they started checking for everything and running blood tests. From those, we were able to rule out any allergy issues and get a referral to a Rheumatologist where he was given more tests and later diagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.The best advice I can give anyone who wants to go to Metrodocs is STAY AWAY and go elsewhere. Doing nothing is not an option for our family, and I would think most people want to get to the root cause versus spending money for bandaids. With our great insurance, we choose better quality care and hope that you do too!Buyer beware!

January 14th, 2010
Dr. Kragt has provided our family excellent medical care for the past 15 years!! He is conservative when it is needed and is a great listener and has wonderful bedside manners... Metrodocs is very efficient and never had to wait longer than 10 minutes!! Would recommend this practice to anyone!!

February 10th, 2009
Dr. Joel Kragt
He is a VERY, VERY, VERY marvelous, splendid, superp, and wonderful doctor!!!