My Experience show details My Experience
Jan 11th, 2016

My appointment was 11/12/15 in the San Luis Obispo office. I was referred to him by David Yeh M.D. When I arrived, I had to fill out a sizable amount of papers. After a reasonable wait, the technician showed me to an exam room, took my vitals, and left. Dr. Joel came in and asked me what was wrong. I proceeded to tell him that my left arm and heart were in pain. I said that my doctor wanted me to take a regular stress test. Then I asked him, "What do you think is wrong?" because I knew he had the results to my test. He told me that he couldn't find anything on my tests. He was incredibly vague with his explanation. I proceeded to tell him my shoulder and neck over my heart were giving me a lot of pain. He told me that, "this sort of thing takes time to get over" but he didn't tell me what sort of thing. Before I could ask him 'what sort of thing', he told me, "take off your shirt". I was wearing a strapless bra. He placed both of his hands under each boob and squeezed them both multiple times. I was thrown completely off guard because I didn't understand how what he was doing was related any sort of test. He then excused himself by saying that on my way out, I needed to see the receptionist to sign some papers. I saw her, where I picked up a form, signed it, and left. When I got home, I immediately told my husband what had happened to me. He told me I should tell my doctor what happened to me at Joel's office, (which I didn't know how to handle because the whole ordeal was so embarrassing). When I sat down to read the form, I realized it wasn't a regular stress test. It was a form called a Nuclear Exercise Stress Test (Thallium or Sestamibi) where it read I be 'injected with a radioactive medication', which I found odd considering he said nothing was wrong with me. I called the next day and canceled the stress test, plus any other appointments with Dr. Joel. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before and quite frankly, I didn't know what I should do about it. I knew I needed to give it some thought. As time went by, I could not get this situation off of my mind. I felt someone should know, because I know I wouldn't want it to happen to my daughter or anyone else. I knew that I needed to handle this delicately, but my final conclusion is that there is no way to handle this delicately, and that it needed to be reported.