Dr. Joel Lehrer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joel Lehrer?

teacher with head injury aquired at school

Posted on February 27th, 2016

Without question one of the most caring and patient doctor's especially since he must work in an environment without available imaging tools to rely on for diagnosis, at least for my condition- perilymphatic fistula. This leaves him open to questioning by insurance and workman's comp. carriers. He is the real deal when it comes to advocating and helping his patients who have been forced to undergo treatments and have symptoms dismissed. He is completely underrated.

Dr and Educator

Posted on December 18th, 2015

Posted on September 8th, 2015

I have never written a review before... but for Dr. Lehrer I owe him my life. I suffered for 10 yrs with vestibular issues and lost so much. After meeting him and going through the testing we did surgery and for the first time in a long time I feel great! I have my life back and able to drive again and go to places without falling over or my balance/vision giving out on me. I saw endless doctors in the past and wasted so much money. It is just scary that he is the only one who does the surgery that I needed. More doctors should do this; from what I am told it is because they don't want to. this needs to change. I am just one person, but I can only imagine how many other people out there that are suffering. Wish I knew how to get the word out... Because he is amazing and his staff is amazing!

Great Doctor

Posted on October 4th, 2013

Went with a dizziness and balance issue. With treatment everything resolved!!!

Posted on June 2nd, 2012

You don't see these kind of doctors anymore. He is so wonderful and caring. Doctors are doctors but he is an exceptional one. The best ENT!! I had to drive 3 hours to get to him but it was worth every mile!!

Ear specialist Neurotologist/ Balance Disorders

Posted on November 3rd, 2011

I found Dr. Lehrer after suffering a sudden hearing loss, then vertigo, etc. He not only treated me for the hearing loss but diagnosed my particular reason for a balance disorder. He helped with positional vertigo with a method used in the office and after a very successful operation, I am no longer unsteady, with my perilymph fistula repaired. I was a rare case that only Dr. Lehrer could diagnose and treat appropriately, like no other. He takes the time out to talk to you and explain what is going on, and he is the most excellent diagnostician. I was suffering with all of this hitting me at once and then I was better. He also has a great staff of audiologist with hearing testing right in the office, etc.I recommend him highly to everyone that suffers from dizziness/vertigo, hearing problems, etc. He's the best!

Vertigo Savor

Posted on September 12th, 2011

I suffered from vertigo for 10-15 years. Had surgery at Jefferson in PA, and when vertigo came back said there was nothing they could do.I then was sent to Dr Lehrer, who took his time and talked with me, and explained things in a way I would understand. When my surgery went from somewhat simple to multiple procedures he was there again explaining everything to me and researched ways to help me. He didn't make false promises or mix his words, he said this is what I plan to do, and I hope this is the result. and here is the back up plan but I hope we won't need it. From the day I met him, he was there for me whether squeezing me into his schedule, or phone call (always prompt return calls within 30mins or less). I moved to NC last month, he was willing to transfer records and recommend someone but I am still going to make the trip up to NJ for follow ups with him. I will find an ENT down here for little things, but if I need surgery (possible other ear) I am going back to Dr Lehrer!

Posted on October 1st, 2010

After years of losing my balance and literally falling down onto the pavement from a minor split in the sidewalk, I finally let Dr. Lehrer perform surgery on my ear. After the operation, I awoke to find him standing by my bed, waiting to speak with me. Now that's a fabulous caring physician. Prior to surgery, my balance had been so bad that when I woke up in the morning I had to inch my feet to the floor to test for its hardness to balance myself. After the surgery, the floor was there without the drama! Thank you Dr. Lehrer.

Ear Expert

Posted on January 13th, 2010

Dr. Lehrer is extremely knowledgeable in his chosen field. He specializes in the ear and with issues such as balance, vertigo, etc. that are related to the ear. He is is up front and to the point. He is honest, thorough in his evaluations/exams and makes no false promises. He does what he deems necessary for each individual and treats everyone as an individual, examining closely with every visit. He does not push a specific treatment and/or procedure for procedure's sake, and he clearly is conscientious and rare in today's world. Also, his office is equipped with an audiologist and hearing tests available, etc. I don't judge a physician by the staff in his office or his assistant, though it does have an effect. My first call to the office was met by a very pleasant voice and caring person who made me feel comfortable though I was very shaken by my illness at the time. In my experience it has been mostly positive in that regard. Perhaps when people hear patients complain the same things day in and day out, some become a little desensitized and therefore not as compassionate...maybe just a little burnout maybe. Dr. Lehrer is an expert, and not just any ENT.

Chloe Rabinowitz Phd

Posted on December 11th, 2009

Dr. Lehrer may be specialized in his field however he is very narrow minded and could care less about the feelings of people and HIS STAFF HAS NO MANNERS OR PEOPLE SKILLS. If you ever speak to an imbecile by the name of Ellen, hang or ask to speak to someone else who actually didnt get an 'F' in manners. The doctor isnt fair and he takes their side. He can be a jerk also. They can all use a lesson in hospitality.

BEST OF THE BEST

Posted on November 9th, 2009

DR. LEHRER, BESIDES BEING AN EXCELLENT DOCYOR, IS A KIND AND CARING PHYSICAN...HE'S TOP RATED IN HIS FIELD OF SPECIALIZED EAR SURGERY. I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT FOR MORE THAN 12 YEARS AND HAVE MEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED IN MY CARE. BE IT OFFICE VISITS, OR SURGICAL PROCEDURES AS WELL AS FOLLOW UP CARE..HE HAS TOP NOTCH NURSES AS WELL AS A GREAT OFFICE STAFF...ALL IN ALL, IT IS AN EXCELLENT WAY OF BEING CARED FOR.

Great Dr. for Dizziness

Posted on March 8th, 2008

Dr. Lehrer is the only doctor after seeing many who understood my dizziness problem and was able to find medicine which helped considerably. If you have vestibular or balance problems this is the doctor to see.