Dr. Joel Mabalot MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Newport News, VA

2.9

July 12th, 2016
My itching has not stopped in three months. My thyroid levels are a mystery to me. HELP

February 20th, 2016
Referred x gp for abnormal blood results , was told thyroid cells can regrow ,why ? As med made me have possible side effects was told alternate doses great I am now treating my own sxs, luckily my gp is following me they have been more helpful than specialist wasted visit .

December 19th, 2015
Incompetent staff and doctor
I visited this doctor several times with my husband who was the patient. My husband previously had bloodwork prior to the visit, and we were there to see about results. The doctor rushes into the room looks at us and asks why we were there. Obviously not having bothered to even consult his file. This was the norm. We tell him and he rushes out and then back to spend all of two minutes with us. Also, the staff would call to schedule appointments, my husband would get there and they would ask him why he was there, to which he replied that they had called him to come in. They were also not capable of canceling appointments when you called and then would call and want to know where you were. I finally told my husband we were wasting time with this practice, and then we receive a letter saying they are dropping him, because of missed appointments. Unbelievable and unacceptable. How and why does Riverside put up with this incompetency.

July 6th, 2015
Weeks without test results have called three times...,

November 13th, 2014
Awesome Physician!
Dr. Mabalot is one of the most professional, friendly, caring physicians I have seen in my 69 years of life. His office staff was outstanding. I was extremely impressed with everyone that I came in contact with, at this appointment. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs an endocrinologist. Based on the other reviews on Dr. Mabalot, I went with a rather negative attitude, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I would rank him at the very top!

February 27th, 2013
Do Not recommend!
I would not trust or will be returning to this Doctor. Poorly trained staff and Dr. is quick to give the wrong information in regards to treatment. My treatment for thyroid cancer was made so much more difficult than necessary because this doctor is incompetent.