A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Matta:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Matta is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Matta
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Matta Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Matta, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Matta graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Matta has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
- Saint John's Health Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital - Los Angeles
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Matta MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 39 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joel Matta practice?
- Dr. Joel Matta has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Matta practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Santa Monica, CA.
See Santa Monica Surgeons.