Dr. Joel Matta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joel Matta?

August 17th, 2016

Excellent surgeon and staff and so far excellent result. I would recommend everyone to go to him

August 4th, 2016

I wasn't diagnosed with hip dysplasia until my late 20's, but the pain began long before then. The same as others who suffer from this, I've had a long painful journey. Dr. Matta and his Fellow Dr. Jimenez, along with his staff have made this road incredibly better for me. I live in a state with no qualified periacetabular osteotomy surgeons, so I was referred out of state to Santa Monica for my surgery with Dr. Matta. I can't say enough good things about him and his staff. They are all extremely pleasant, patient, and amazing! I am now recovering from my right PAO that was done in July, and I am fully recovered from my left PAO that was done in November. I can't thank him enough for this incredible procedure that is giving me my life back. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of a hip/ pelvis surgeon, he is worth the long distance travel.

July 16th, 2016

Dr. Matta gave me my life back.

Dr. Matta is the most caring doctor I've ever met. A day after surgery, he was watching me walk with my new hip and cheering me on while I tackled walking up & down the steps. He took time explaining the procedure of the operation with the special table he uses. All my concerns were assuaged because of him Fortunetly for me, 13 years ago, I found out about Dr. Matta from a good friend who had both hips replaced by him and it was 13 years ago that I lived everyday in pain until Dr.Matta diagnosed my problem. Ever since my hip replacement, including the day after surgery, I have been free of pain, I walk briskly, run, skip and dance. I would never go to anyone else. My scar is now practically nonexistant. I can sit in any chair, high or low. I can cross my legs and do all the things that the old kind of hip replacement forbids. His new innovative hip replacement is the ONLY way to go. I will sing his praises forever more! Thank you again & again Dr. Joel Matta. You are my hero!

June 17th, 2016

I received 2 hip replacements with Dr. Matta. I went from being an avid runner/outdoor person to not being able to do any of that when my hips went bad. Dr. Matta fixed me up last year and replaced both of my hips. I am now back to hiking the outdoors, exercising and have no pain! He is amazing and had the best experience with him. His staff is courtius and super helpful. I would recommend Dr. Matta to anyone with hip issues.

June 3rd, 2016

I visited Dr. Matta for a second opinion. He confirmed my diagnosis, took multiple sets of images in the office and spent nearly an hour with my husband and I explaining my diagnosis, treatment options and answering questions. We didnt feel rushed. Dr. Matta made us feel that he was genuinely interested in my case and wanted to give me all the information I needed to an informed decision regarding treatment.

February 12th, 2016

Exceptional!

Wonderful, wonderful surgeon. In and out and walking with just a cane on second day.

January 26th, 2016

Complete success

November 7th, 2015

I interviewed two orthopedic surgeons for my total hip. I chose m Dr Marta because of his kind manner and I felt he listened carefully to my concerns. Tanya PA has been very helpful! I will have surgery in a few weeks

February 11th, 2015

Superior Result

I have had both hips replaced by Joel Matta. The result in both cases was excellent -- fast recovery, no side effects and total and full use of the hips. I can play golf, walk and live my life without hip pain. His work allows me to be 30 years old again. Plus, several of my friends from Ohio have also had their hips replaced by Dr. Matta with the same positive outcome.

November 1st, 2014

Dr Matta is an excellent surgeon, and the hospital & staff were very good. I may need another hip replacement and hope Dr Matta has time to do it.

October 17th, 2014

Best surgeon possible!

I am recommending Dr. Matta to everyone I know who may need a hip replacement. I recently had mine done and was amazed at how quickly I recovered. He and his team made the whole procedure as easy and comfortable as possible.

July 16th, 2014

Favorite Doctor

My introduction to Dr. Matta was due to being in a severe car accident in 1998 near San Jose, CA on a trip from San Francisco back to Long Beach. The surgeon at the hospital that I was taken to attempted to repair my left acetabulum fracture and felt that he could not complete the surgery due to the severity of my injuries and fought with my insurance company for a week to get me flown down to Good Sam in LA (where Dr. Matta was at the time). He has since not only repaired that injury, but replaced my left hip in 1999 and completed revision surgery on my left hip in 2012. I have complete confidence in he and his staff. I have always recommended that anyone needing a hip replacement use his services.