Dr. Joel Max Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joel Max?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Joel Max?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

September 25th, 2015

Dr. Max did my full-body mole/cancer screening in less than 60 seconds, no exaggeration. I also asked him about excema and he did not look at it, just wrote me a Rx without telling me about options, details on the Rx (like how long it takes to work, side effects, etc). He was in and out of the room in less than 5 minutes. I do not feel confident in the least about the mole check.

November 13th, 2014

Dr. Max can't be bothered by you, only cares for Big Pharma

The wait time was (15 mins) but I've had longer wait times waiting for the staff to come back from their lunch break. The medical assistant asked if everything was the same as the last visit. My son said YES everything was fine just needed a refill on acne medication. The next thing ya know a Physician Assistant walks in looks at my sons CLEAR FACE then she goes back out the door to get's advice from Dr. Max, then she comes back in with another NEW prescription on top of the existing one. Dr. Max never came in and looked at my sons face nor did he come out of his smoky back room to even acknowledge us. Shameful! We were in the room a whopping 2 minutes. You can easily get an appointment but if you call to reschedule an appointment they act imposed upon. They have ZERO common courtesy, you would get more out of programmed robot. Dr. Max could care less about the patients, since he is working for Big Pharma.

July 9th, 2013

Would NOT recommend

I was recommended to Dr. Max by a friend but I was NOT impressed. I needed a mole removed and Dr. Max told me to lay down and he would "scrape it off me." I asked for some more details about the procedure and he told me it would just take a few minutes. I was hoping he would give me details on what he was going to do and how he was going to do it. I just like knowing this information. I told him I wasn't prepared to have him do that (I wanted to do some more research), he told me to have a stiff drink before I came in for my next visit. Unfortunately, I went back to him because he was easy to get in to and I didn't know how bad my mole was. It has been 8 months since I had the mole removed and I am more than certain that I have nerve damage. When I turn over in the middle of the night, my scar is painful and I can have water from the shower directly on my mole or else I'm in too much pain. He also did not follow up with me.

July 10th, 2012

Dr Max has a dry personality and isn't up for much chit-chat. But, I didn't go to him to find a friend. He accurately diagnosed my condition, which many other doctors over the years have missed. I went in with the hopes he could clear up my acne. Instead of just handing me some cream he sent me for labwork which determined I actually had a hormone issue which explained my infertility. Three years later I have a clear face and a baby! His staff is friendly---his PA-C more than makes up for Dr's lack of chit-chat. Office is nice and clean.

April 24th, 2012

UGH!

First off let me say that if it wasn't for the fact that he was just about the only Dermatologist in Westminster he wouldn't have any business. Yes the place is clean and the lighting is great--yada yada yada. HOWEVER-Don't let that first impression fool you because as soon as you get to the front desk all hopes are shot. His front desk secretaries SUCK. When they actually acknolodege your standing there, they do so much as look at you and continue to what they were doing prior to your arrival. They eventually say hello and dont expect too much personality wise--its hard work sitting at a desk greeting patients! After much attitude and you've signed in and they have acted as though they care. You'll sit in a waiting room and wait and wait and wait. They have a TV thank god. When your finally seen and one of his delighful staff takes you back to a room, you'll wait some more...and some more. Dr. Max will come in. Talk for a few minutes (if you get that much time) and walk out the door. Recently, I was prescribed with a new RX and when I was asking his employee a question(whom he sent in to discuss this new RX with me) she knew nothing! And I mean NOTHING. I had to leave my room and go to the front desk and ask my questions in the waiting area to the joyful lady at the front desk. After I got some attitude and was cut off mid sentence multiple times I was no where closer to an answer then I was a few minutes before. Had I had cell service I would have just googled it. Completely worthless staff. I don't mind that the doctor doesnt spend too much time with you its the other lovely women your stuck to deal with. I can not wait to be done my RX so I can change a doctor. To me, the physican can be the absolute best, but if his staff is ignorant and unpleasent, you might as well just say forget it and move on to someone else. I encourage you not to waste your time. If you can get past being treated that way in a professional place, then by all means be my guest! But Dr. Max if your reading this, hire some new, friendly staff. I can't bear to be treated any more unhuman then I already do in this office, so I will let them know how I feel AFTER I no longer have to return to the office to continue my RX or follow ups.

March 23rd, 2012

Bedside Manner (Needs to Learn It)

Horrible experience. I am not judging the guy on his office and staff at all, which needed improvement by the way. He walks in, does the normal look at the chart to know my name and asked why I am here. I told him and he said "nothing I can do about that" in a rude manner. Didn't act like he cared, wanted to be there and wanted to do his best. He through me some prescription from their normal list and left. No bye or anything. The place wasn't busy and was there for 2 minutes. He just went back to his office to sit. Pointless visit and horrible doctor.

March 29th, 2011

Great job!

Hello,I am a new patient to the practice. Dr Max and PA-C Jirsarai are professional and honest. They do not try to sell you products or have services rendered that are not necessary.The office staff gets you in right away and are very nice to deal with. Clean and bright office. They try to handle all your concerns in one visit and actually look at your skin, wow go figure! Thank you for coming to Carroll County, it has been long over due.Great job!!!

March 8th, 2009

Very competent, caring doctor. The only doctor who has ever been able to help me.

October 5th, 2016