Orthopaedic Surgeon, Medical Oncologist

479 Parsons Ave
7th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  An amazing doctor, I have total faith in him!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

I am 35 and was diagnosed with a large chondrosarcoma in my arm, within 3 weeks of finding out , dr mayerson had the tumor out. He took time to answer all of our questions, his bedside manner was great, he never made me feel rushed, intimidated. He is the best thing at the James and I would recommend him to anyone in this terrible situation.

|  Dr. Mayerson  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Always friendly and caring. Explains and answers all questions. When I leave his office I feel relieved and confident that everything will be just fine.

|  Honest Doctor That Will Spend Time With You When Needed  |  show details
by FT on Apr 20th, 2011

I was told I had bone cancer by my family doctor. I was very intimidated by coming to The James. Dr. Mayerson walked in and told me first thing that I should not worry and he would be able to help my pain and get me back to walking very soon. He operated on me the next day and to my surprise I could walk again without severe pain. He truly is a compassionate man that is willing to listen and help. I would recommend him to anyone!

by Mike E. on Apr 6th, 2011

Dr. Mayerson is the most "Down to earth" doctor i have ever known.The doctor has helped get me through some very hard times when he had to take my foot. Dr. Mayerson and the people at the James are the greatest!God bless them.

|  Terrible Experience with Dr. Mayerson  |  show details
by TLD on Apr 2nd, 2011

He was dismissive, pompous and had very little confidence in his ability when it came to helping my father. He tried to convince us that we had no other choice either than to chose him. Even though he told my Dad there was no way of removing his hematoma mass without amputation. Because no other doctor would do it either without amputation. Well that proved to be VERY wrong. We did find a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic who removed the hematoma, saved my dad's leg, and his life. No thanks to Dr. Mayerson. The only thing Dr. Mayerson did was leave a very bad taste in our mouth with the negative ability in Central Ohio doctors and treat us as a bother in his day! HUGE Disappointment. A doctor to defiantly stay clear of.

|  He made a difficult experience less intimidating  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2010

I was told I had a bone tumor but no one else could give me any other information. I saw Dr. Mayerson and even though he told me I likely did have bone cancer, he made me feel at ease with the treatment options that were ahead for me. He took his time and spent over 45 minutes with me explaining my treatment plan and all of the options. He really made me feel like I can beat this cancer.

Jun 28th, 2010

Dr Mayerson sometimes becomes defensive if you ask questions. His P.A. presents himself as a doctor, has an awkward bedside manner, and had poor knowledge of my type of sarcoma. His nurses are excellent.

|  Best surgeon I know  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2009

Dr. Mayerson was recommended by my doctor after he told me I probably had cancer. He made a very difficult time in my life tolerable and spent more time with me than I ever thought possible for a surgical sub-specialist. You can really tell he cares about his patients. I would recommend him without hesitation.

|  Excellent surgeon, compassionate physician  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2008

When my family physician first told me that I might have bone cancer and was being referred to an orthopedic oncologist, I was petrified. From the moment Dr. Mayerson walked in the room, he made me feel comfortable that I was in good hands. He went over my xrays and MRI with me in detail. He explained what he thought the problem was and how we were going to treat it. He went over the probable surgical options and spent the extra time I needed to understand the information he was explaining. After the surgery he also spent time with me going over how the rehab process was going and how I was progressing compared to others with a large surgery like I had. You can really tell he loves his job and cares for his patients. I would recommend him without hesitation for anyone who needs an orthopedic oncologist.

Dec 30th, 2008

Excellent doctor. He took time explaining my medical condition in great detail. He made a very stressful time more pleasant. He really seemed to care about me and wnet over all the treatment options in great detail. I would recommend him without hesitation.