A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Muirhead:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Muirhead is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Muirhead
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Muirhead Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Muirhead, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Muirhead graduated from University of Mississippi , Jackson.
Dr. Muirhead has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Longview Regional Medical Center
- Heaton Laser & Surgery Center
- Good Shepherd Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Thomas Muirhead MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Joel T. Muirhead practice?
- Dr. Joel Muirhead has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Muirhead practices Ophthalmology near Longview, TX.
See Longview Ophthalmologists.